WeeklyBeats.com / Music / mikememo's music / the lake this weekend

the lake this weekend

By mikememo on June 12, 2020 4:06 am

Wish I could've spent more time on this! I'm heading up to the lake this weekend. Almost everything is the first take and is sloppppy. What a rush job.

June 15, 2020 12:13 am

crushed it for a quick recording!  lovely sound to it.  i can tell your fingers are still loosened up from last weeks bananas recording.  WB played Monteverde right after this automatically, and it actually sounded really fuckin cool!  this played well as an intro to it.

June 15, 2020 1:34 am

Great guitars. You want to hear sloppy, go to my 24th weekly... This sounds pretty good to me. Good job.

June 15, 2020 2:59 pm

"Sloppy"

June 15, 2020 6:57 pm

Yea I'm gonna need this one. Haha. Well written drum progression too dude. Love the guitar tones and feels going on here. Mad chill vibes being put out.

June 16, 2020 3:26 am

Damn man, this is cool as hell.  I'm really digging the part at 0:37, such a chill riff.  The feel change at the end is a cool way to end it too.

June 17, 2020 12:36 am

First take, but solid ideas. Without paying attention to any "slips"--which we don't notice unless looking for them and guessing--this is a sweet and smooth track. The guitar sounds give me vibes back to when I started learning guitar and first heard Andy McKee, Trace Bundy, and Justin King play their Insan-a-coustic style.

June 17, 2020 7:15 am

It feels real good though, a very nice progression and a relaxed vibe.

June 17, 2020 8:24 am

This sounds great, I love the good balance of instruments and the guitar riff around 1:22 is very nice.

June 18, 2020 5:28 pm

I would buy this on vinyl, for shure. I love mathrock.

June 22, 2020 6:24 pm

reminds me of a Minus the Bear track in a lovely way.  nice relaxing song