WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Machine Gun Ibiza's music / Sometimes I Just Miss Myself (Demo)

Sometimes I Just Miss Myself (Demo)

By Machine Gun Ibiza on February 9, 2020 4:43 pm

Last week Orangedrink posted an instrumental named „I Miss Myself“.

The phrase somehow got stuck in my head, so eventually i had to just steal it from him  (sincere apologies, hehe). I took it as a base for the lyrics to this here little 80s ditty.

That said, i’m not so happy with the vocals yet. Maybe that’s why i drowned it in reverb for now.

Well, have fun listening anyhow, and if you have ideas on how to improve the vocals, shoot...

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

February 10, 2020 4:10 am

I like the vocals! Really nice vibe and melodies here smile

February 11, 2020 8:16 pm

February 12, 2020 10:34 pm

God damn this is good, radio material for sure. Great vocal lines.

February 13, 2020 11:10 pm
Ipaghost wrote:

i second the giggly puff!  vocals sound great!

February 15, 2020 12:27 pm

Honestly, drowning the vocals in reverb is making it sound very unique. There's a reason people do it after all.

February 17, 2020 7:23 am

enjoyed this, vocals sound great

February 24, 2020 6:04 am

I'm unbelievably flattered!  This is seriously a terrific song.

The synth vibes here are so great.  The reverb on the vox is very dreamy.  Excellent job and steal from me anytime.  I love your chord progression on the chorus - what is happening there?  I might have to steal THAT from you smile

February 24, 2020 3:40 pm
orangedrink wrote:

what is happening there?

so glad you like it!

i don't have the faintest.. i'm not very educated when it comes to harmony or counterpoint.