Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Papa Caiman

By Kedbreak136 on July 26, 2020 1:52 am

Some days off helped with getting the creativity meter up and dedicating some time to trying to get things right and experimenting with the track.

Maybe because of the moonsoon and the heat rising here, this track decided to go to the jungle. I was trying to go for a wet, earthy, swampy atmosphere with an heavy bass that has some teeth in there, a tribal raw drum and some nasty bity fuzzy guitar.

I used Bias FX for the bass (ace of spades effect, plus an additional distortion) and the guitar is an ibanez plugged into a FuzzFactory pedal. This pedal is my favorite pedal ever. It has a lot of attitude and does not play well with many other pedals but it bites, crunches, fuzzes out. Just beautiful.

I struggled a bit with the mastering, tried a lot of different combinations, burnt out my ears so I just went for a rather simple master. No need to overthink things.


This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
July 27, 2020 12:28 am

The bass line in this track is just fantastic. Is it your guitar making that sound like a person screaming? (The last parts of the scream remind me of Robert Plant singing Whole Lotta Love on The Song Remains the Same haha)

July 27, 2020 12:40 am

Niceeeeee, it's cool to hear some bass coming out of bias FX. Really nice crunchy tone. What's the sound at 1:12? It's a cool effect. and that solo with the fuzzfactory definitely sounds great, lots of attitude like you said.

July 27, 2020 12:59 am

It definitely nails the swamp/jungle feel and that bass really shines.  It's both huge and nasty.

July 27, 2020 1:48 am

Awesome man, love the gritty bass on this.  Really makes that swampy setting you were going for.  That guitar solo is nuts too, gets super shreddy for a bit.

July 27, 2020 9:28 am
hent03 wrote:

The bass line in this track is just fantastic. Is it your guitar making that sound like a person screaming? (The last parts of the scream remind me of Robert Plant singing Whole Lotta Love on The Song Remains the Same haha)

Yes this is the guitar through the fuzzfactory, with a delay and a moving pan effect on it. smile To be perfectly honest I used that to hide clumsy transitions between parts. It's like agitating a shiny fluffy object to distract the audience while you put a rabbit into the hat. smile



ViridianLoom wrote:

Niceeeeee, it's cool to hear some bass coming out of bias FX. Really nice crunchy tone. What's the sound at 1:12? It's a cool effect. and that solo with the fuzzfactory definitely sounds great, lots of attitude like you said.

Yes Bias FX does not have many bass sounds but they deliver. smile


CosmicCairns wrote:

It definitely nails the swamp/jungle feel and that bass really shines.  It's both huge and nasty.

Thank you!



Chrisfoo wrote:

Awesome man, love the gritty bass on this.  Really makes that swampy setting you were going for.  That guitar solo is nuts too, gets super shreddy for a bit.

Thanks for listening! I had to frankenstein a bit this solo but it kinda works in the end.

July 27, 2020 9:53 am

This has a real menacing atmosphere. The swamp feeling is spot on, it's making think of Predator haha. Seconding that point on the guitar solo, it really rips there for a moment, great stuff.

July 27, 2020 1:31 pm

Groovy jungle beat.

July 27, 2020 2:01 pm

Do I smell napalm? No, it's just these incendiary guitars! Wicked smile

July 27, 2020 3:21 pm

I am finding myself lost in the jungle when I close my eyes. Everything sounds wild and scary somehow. The bassline pushes me forward and helps me, not to loose my mind.  This is not for fraidy-cats.

July 27, 2020 9:06 pm

Love the jungle theme! Awesome guitar work smile

July 27, 2020 10:55 pm

That bass had a growl that I'd call "Crocodile Bass." You can trademark that. I agree with Hent03 that the bassline is great.

July 28, 2020 6:35 pm

July 29, 2020 9:09 pm

Perfect music for slinking through the jungle in style. Yeah that fuzzed guitar rules, and great feel on the drums.

July 30, 2020 3:52 pm

Love the gritty effect on the bad ass bassline.  Combined with the drums especially during the cymbal splash it def creates that lost in the jungle feel.  Excellent guitar solo towards the end.  That screaming guitar nails it altogether.

August 2, 2020 10:01 pm

Love the fuzzed out guitars and that heavy bass.  Somewhere between Cream and Guns and Roses. Really fun rocker!Those background effects sound like jungle crickets and frogs and really sync up with the vibe.

August 3, 2020 1:17 am

I missed this last week. Very cool choice of drums, very nice dirty guitars (the small and the big one...).

August 3, 2020 4:43 am
hieme wrote:

This has a real menacing atmosphere. The swamp feeling is spot on, it's making think of Predator haha. Seconding that point on the guitar solo, it really rips there for a moment, great stuff.

Sodabelly wrote:

Do I smell napalm? No, it's just these incendiary guitars! Wicked smile

Q-Rosh wrote:

I am finding myself lost in the jungle when I close my eyes. Everything sounds wild and scary somehow. The bassline pushes me forward and helps me, not to loose my mind.  This is not for fraidy-cats.

Mission Crossing wrote:

Love the jungle theme! Awesome guitar work smile

Anon_Buster wrote:

That bass had a growl that I'd call "Crocodile Bass." You can trademark that. I agree with Hent03 that the bassline is great.

Ipaghost wrote:

miraclemiles wrote:

Perfect music for slinking through the jungle in style. Yeah that fuzzed guitar rules, and great feel on the drums.

Tone Matrix wrote:

Love the gritty effect on the bad ass bassline.  Combined with the drums especially during the cymbal splash it def creates that lost in the jungle feel.  Excellent guitar solo towards the end.  That screaming guitar nails it altogether.

NWSPR wrote:

Love the fuzzed out guitars and that heavy bass.  Somewhere between Cream and Guns and Roses. Really fun rocker!Those background effects sound like jungle crickets and frogs and really sync up with the vibe.

djippy wrote:

I missed this last week. Very cool choice of drums, very nice dirty guitars (the small and the big one...).

Thank you everyone for giving it a listen and for your nice comments!

August 4, 2020 3:29 am

THIS DRUM BEAT IS SO SICK

In your defense, this seems like a tough one to master because that lead guitar has that (awesome) overloaded signal vibe, and then you want the bass to be super low, but still crunchy.  Great guitar playing/soloing.  This shredzz

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up