WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Jokinen's music / With Monsters and Bans

With Monsters and Bans

By Jokinen on March 22, 2020 10:31 pm

This song was inspired by bloody marys and my wife listening to Of Monsters and Men all day. Spent 4 hours total today from start-end. No clue what the vocals are about. My wife is on back-up vox. Enjoy!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

March 23, 2020 12:54 am

This is lovely. The vocals are cool, there are a lot of nice turns of phrase in there. Dig the backup vocals!

March 23, 2020 2:14 am

Wow, this is pretty intense for a 4 hour track man, nicely done.  I some times find thats the best way to write lyrics too.  You dont need to have an agenda going into it, if the words sounds cool it will work whether theres an overlying theme or not.  Side note: The piano at the end sounds cool as F clashing with the chorus on your guitar.

March 23, 2020 1:10 pm

Yeah this is great, especially for a 4 hour track.  Nice job on the whole thing...vocals are really nice.  You and Amelia should keep at it.  I could never get my wife to sing on a track (let a lone sing well).  That's pretty cool

March 23, 2020 3:24 pm

this is awesome! great job Amelia!

March 23, 2020 5:02 pm

That's badass Amelia was down!  She sounds awesome!  Nice song yall

March 23, 2020 5:51 pm

Sweet song bro. Love the guest appearance keep it up!

March 24, 2020 5:19 am

beautiful

March 24, 2020 2:37 pm

Love the intro and the lead guitar riff. So soothing. Way to go Amelia!

March 25, 2020 6:44 pm

Lovely track, it's cool that your wife joined for this! big_smile Getting Johnny Cash vibes here, kudos and I'll cheers on that bloody mary, I could use one right about now hehehe, have a great week!

March 26, 2020 7:11 am

Great composition. Wonderful job on the guitars.

March 27, 2020 12:21 am

I really like the lyrics whether they have meaning or not.

March 29, 2020 5:53 pm
hieme wrote:

Chrisfoo wrote:

coreytrev0r wrote:

mikememo wrote:

this is awesome! great job Amelia!

demonzor wrote:

That's badass Amelia was down!  She sounds awesome!  Nice song yall

Joelfern808 wrote:

Sweet song bro. Love the guest appearance keep it up!

orangedrink wrote:

beautiful

Saucey-dough wrote:

Love the intro and the lead guitar riff. So soothing. Way to go Amelia!

Gab Manette wrote:

Devieus wrote:

Great composition. Wonderful job on the guitars.

Ryan wrote:

I really like the lyrics whether they have meaning or not.

Thanks everyone! This may have gave my wife confidence to try again in the near future.

March 31, 2020 10:25 pm