WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Jokinen's music / From Fortune to Flame

From Fortune to Flame

By Jokinen on July 5, 2020 11:38 pm

This is my usual "write two songs and put them together" style. Had the first idea that I wanted to continue with but couldn't find a chorus so went with another idea I had. I think it fits sort of well and I had fun writing it. Went out on a limb with some different vocals I haven't tried before with recording, so I have that going for me. Hope you enjoy!

Some f'd up guitar tuning from mikememo: FACGCE

July 6, 2020 12:15 am

Yo. So many surprises in this track. I really appreciate that!

July 6, 2020 12:18 am

I get a butt bongo vibe on the loud parts!

July 6, 2020 12:27 am
Modulated Drummer wrote:

Yo. So many surprises in this track. I really appreciate that!

Glad it worked well and you enjoyed!

fetalface wrote:

I get a butt bongo vibe on the loud parts!

I have no idea what that is haha. Thank you?

July 6, 2020 12:50 am

I really like how the saturation sounds on the vocals starting at 1m20, the outrow is very cool.

July 6, 2020 3:18 am

Hate getting a solid verse but not being able to come up with a chorus.  I attribute many of the songs in my graveyard of unfinished tracks to that.  This is cool as hell though man, you made it work.  That transition at 1:20/2:55 is huge and pretty awesome.  I dont think it would have sounded like it was borrowed from another track if you hadn't said something.  Love the outro too, cool way to finish it up.

July 6, 2020 11:56 am
djippy wrote:

Thanks, the outro was a fun one to make. I always want to speed things up but reserving it felt right.

Chrisfoo wrote:

Oh man for sure! Thanks man, was listening and writing and went "welp, it COULD work" haha.

July 7, 2020 12:18 am

damn dude you really sent it this week...really sound like youre getting comfortable recording vox at the house!  hell yeah.  that end yell with the heavier instrumental is pro as fuck...couldnt have ended it sweeter

July 7, 2020 8:38 am

The aggressive turnaround was so surprising, really goes up to 100 quickly. The vocals are fantastic, I love the raw energy in the upbeat sections. Solid tune all round.

July 7, 2020 9:33 pm

It fits perfectly. Great vocal performance too.

July 7, 2020 9:51 pm
demonzor wrote:

Full send my man. Took a lot of "fuck it" haha.

hieme wrote:

Thanks man! It was fun for sure. I really need to work on transitions since I have a two-sided idea to most songs but I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Devieus wrote:

It fits perfectly. Great vocal performance too.

Thanks man!

July 13, 2020 12:28 am

Love what you did with the tuning. super Brand Newy, especially the bass. I can tell a lot of work went into this one.