WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Jokinen's music / Dropped My Spoon and I Think I Need A New One

Dropped My Spoon and I Think I Need A New One

By Jokinen on May 17, 2020 9:33 pm

Speedtrash written this morning/afternoon. Got a big N-O from the wife on the lyrics I was working on. This song seems like 2-3 different styles all in one, but I'm not too upset with the results. First time working with Ozone for compression/limiting, so hopefully the sound turned out aite. Track was inspired by @Saucey-dough talking about the Tony Hawk ProSkater remake all week. THANK YOUUUU.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

May 18, 2020 12:17 am

Reminds me of an idea of a concept album, but in this case, a single punk concept song.   This is cool!  Definitely a few When the guitars drop out and its only "bass", is that still your guitar w dropped octave??? sounds great

May 18, 2020 12:23 am
demonzor wrote:

Thanks dawgy. You bet about the bass. It’s GR5 bass amp w/ the octave dropped. I need a bass, haha

May 18, 2020 1:03 am

Definitely on the 90's pop punk spirit. This works great with me. Really like the tone of the guitars.

May 18, 2020 2:10 am

Nice dude, which Ozone did you get?  I've only got elements but still love it, need to upgrade at some point.  Solid jam this week man, so many sweet guitar parts.  That palm muted harmony around 0:45 is awesome.  And that lead part around 1:15!

May 18, 2020 12:24 pm
djippy wrote:

Thanks! It took a bit more time with them this week. Really beefed it up with a left/right/middle.

Chrisfoo wrote:

Thanks man! I got Maximizer and Dynamics. The riff at 1:15 was the original song, haha. Decided to put it in there randomly as a lead.

May 18, 2020 1:36 pm

Rockin’. Love it!

May 18, 2020 2:44 pm

Yo! Bad ass! great bass and guitars and loving the up tempo.  To me, this is SoCal Punk of mid 90s style like NoFX. Hope to hear those vocals on a future revisit.  Listened twice, and downloading!

May 18, 2020 5:00 pm
E-dub wrote:

Rockin’. Love it!

Thanks for listening!

NWSPR wrote:

Thanks man! I haven't listened to this style in so long, it was fun. I was reminded of Rufio for some parts. I may come back for lyrics after some practice. Maybe even a revamp for the end of the year!

May 18, 2020 7:15 pm

I'm sorry to hear about the spoon accident, but hey @0:47 is perfect big_smile

I really like the feedback chuggas too.

May 19, 2020 3:30 am

Yo this is awesome I love the guitar at 1min, that's such a raw tone it's getting! Good job ! This song is wild and makes me wish I could play like that lol

May 19, 2020 3:36 am

That metallic *chink* sound on the guitar adds a pretty cool rhythmic element to the song. The way the track is arranged at 1:54 is a pretty cool use of dynamics too.

May 19, 2020 9:21 pm

Sweet guitar riffage!  This thing brings the rock.  But now I'm super curious what the lyrics were that your wife nixed. Will she allow you to at least give us the gist of them?  smile

May 19, 2020 10:59 pm

As always, impressed by the drums.  Can you hit the hats that fast? wink

Cool track.  Definitely another THPS song.  Love when it cuts to the bass and drums.

Also curious what the lyrics are and also HOW YOUR WIFE GETS FINAL SAY ON YOUR SONGS???

May 20, 2020 3:15 pm

Really dope. Blends styles a little bit for sure, I love it.

May 21, 2020 12:48 pm

solid EWWWWW on the title smile  fun piece!

May 23, 2020 5:15 pm

2-3 styles is basically how prog-rock works. You've done well with all of them.