WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Jokinen's music / As Petty as Pretty

As Petty as Pretty

By Jokinen on May 10, 2020 7:50 pm

Wrote this all on Monday, then wrote 3 more songs that went nowhere. I ended up keeping every track of this song but reversing it so instead of escalating, it de-escalates piece by piece. Weird, but I enjoy it. I guess this is speedtrash?

May 11, 2020 1:10 am

Ahh love the piano writing at the end heart The de-escalation sounds pretty natural I think, and it kind of fits with the feeling of the tune. Maybe speed but not trash!

May 11, 2020 3:09 pm

this is lost puppy wandering the alley on a rainy day music.  its nice though,  evokes emotion.

May 11, 2020 5:01 pm

beautiful, I'd love to hear more like this from you

May 11, 2020 8:33 pm

yeah this uncharacteristic style from you is great.  nice work

May 11, 2020 9:04 pm

Honestly it's quite pretty.  The removing of parts actually works really well and it's a nice touch since the normal course of events is to start small and build up to some kind of climax.  It's good to flip things on their head sometimes.

May 12, 2020 12:42 am

This works well! Nice arrangement.

May 12, 2020 5:27 pm
demonzor wrote:

Not the puppy again... You're gonna make me cry bro. I'm already emotionally unstable from all this covid shit. A sentimental Google commercial can make me cry. Come back home puppy!

May 12, 2020 7:54 pm

Anything's speedtrash when it has to be done in a week's time.

There's nothing petty about this song's prettiness. De-escalation just makes it ever more chill.

May 14, 2020 3:42 am

Sweet dude, love the reverse build up.  This would be a sick way to end an album.  Kinda like the Wall but maybe do it without that weird fucking song before it?