Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Jim Wood's music / You Should Know (2)

You Should Know (2)

By Jim Wood on August 2, 2018 3:32 pm

Reworking of Betty Who's "Just Thought You Should Know." Vocal elements separated out in Melodyne; some paulstretched x6. Tresillo bass pattern. Eb Major.

August 6, 2018 1:52 am

It has a nice buzzy feel like I'm riding on the back of a bee or something.

August 6, 2018 1:53 am
CosmicCairns wrote:

It has a nice buzzy feel like I'm riding on the back of a bee or something.

Paulstetch tends to do that. ::)

August 6, 2018 4:30 am

Yep diggin the buzzZZ! Another beauty Jimbo!

August 6, 2018 10:40 am

Nice chilled Track!
The stretch buzz is indeed extra beautyfull here...

August 6, 2018 4:06 pm

Delightful compo! I love the vocals going from a more percussive role to a nice soaring pad heart

August 6, 2018 7:15 pm

Very interesting work. Sounds like if feedbacks were used.
Great Track!

August 6, 2018 9:12 pm

Great mix and dynamics. Love all the layers and especially a mix that surrounds you and centers in the middle of your head through your headphones.  That soaring string/feedback sound is crazy good. Under it all is a very good melody and rhythm track. Well done - downloading!

August 6, 2018 9:29 pm

Lovely use of PaulStretch, and a great track!

August 6, 2018 10:55 pm

yaaaaaas the paulstretch! i like that it is a separate element that's stretched and not just the whole song. great job!

August 7, 2018 2:56 pm

super cool, had never heard the original Betty Who track before.  I love the use of paulstretch, creates such an airy atmosphere.  really interesting piece

August 7, 2018 5:19 pm

Very cool, I really like the overall mood of this piece a lot, great use of those vocal samples, as usual!!

August 7, 2018 9:47 pm

August 8, 2018 1:57 pm

Ooooh that's what tresillo is? (I went on a detour to look that up and realized ohhh!)  Really cool use of Paulstretch with the vocals.  It gives the track a very magical sparkly feeling smile

August 8, 2018 3:45 pm

For a moment I thought to know, what I should know. Then I forgot everything, because this song absorbed me qute a lot and did not set me free after playing it two times, then downloading and favouriting. Why? I know, but I can't tell

August 8, 2018 4:12 pm
Tone Matrix wrote:

I just learned about tresillo myself.

Fred und Luna wrote:

Thank you, I think...

August 8, 2018 4:13 pm
Podling wrote:

Yep diggin the buzzZZ! Another beauty Jimbo!

theGuen wrote:

Nice chilled Track!
The stretch buzz is indeed extra beautyfull here...

Gab Manette wrote:

Delightful compo! I love the vocals going from a more percussive role to a nice soaring pad <3

Thank you, gentlemen!

August 8, 2018 4:18 pm
m2K7 wrote:

Very interesting work. Sounds like if feedbacks were used.
Great Track!

NWSPR wrote:

Plantrain wrote:

Lovely use of PaulStretch, and a great track!

daniarnica wrote:

Thanks for your comments! As my hearing continues to deteriorate, I'm getting less and less certain about the results.

August 8, 2018 4:19 pm
mikememo wrote:

Just a gloss on the original.

LydiaPrimate wrote:

kaedo sevaada wrote:

Thank you!

August 9, 2018 9:25 am

Paulstretch heart That sound is so distinctive, and so nice to listen to. I should really get back into experimenting with it. Great job on this tune, I love the chopped melody line.

August 9, 2018 2:31 pm
hieme wrote:

Paulstretch <3 That sound is so distinctive, and so nice to listen to. I should really get back into experimenting with it. Great job on this tune, I love the chopped melody line.

Thanks! I really can't take credit for the melody, since it was an audio to MIDI lift via Melodyne ::(

August 12, 2018 10:50 am

This is absolutely lovely. So cool and chilled, those vocal sounds especially. The bass in the end is a excellent send off...Great work, again!

August 19, 2018 2:25 am

Lovely feel to this piece.  Many interesting elements within too.

August 24, 2018 11:44 pm

Great concepts for this, inspiring ... came out very nice ... pretty in places but haunting.

September 11, 2018 3:02 am

The way you approach music really reminds me of that Czech Rep band called DVA, they're super creative and weird and cool. I wanna be like that too! And that's a sweet song. like the reversed processed vocals ( or just reverse reverb?)

September 11, 2018 3:42 pm
Ashen Simian wrote:

rdomain wrote:

Lovely feel to this piece.  Many interesting elements within too.

miraclemiles wrote:

??? wrote:

Too kind, too kind! Some vocals are paulstretched.