Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Jim Wood's music / Page One of One

Page One of One

By Jim Wood on June 9, 2018 3:43 pm

Title suggested by my printer. All sounds derived from my 1888 Dresden cello. Random harmonics and body/bow clicks in a drum rack. Drum Buss used to add punch to the plucked low C string. Occasionally C Major.

June 11, 2018 1:19 am

That's definitely some creative and cool use of the cello.  It's really a quite versatile instrument.  Even with more editing than playing  smile

June 11, 2018 10:49 am

Wow, this sounds ominous, and also kind of like Tom Waits accompaniment, which is cool.

June 11, 2018 1:00 pm

Nice to hear a 130 (!!!) year old cello in such a modern way. That is really fine art. I was fighting with my cheap china cello for my latest song and could hardly get a pleasant sound out of it. but this one sounds awesome in the way you are manipulating it.

June 12, 2018 7:13 am

Great in rythm and sound. I'd really like to see builder of this Cello listening to this smile

June 12, 2018 2:47 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

LydiaPrimate wrote:

Q-Rosh wrote:

theGuen wrote:

Well, it's a not-that-fancy factory instrument, so who knows exactly who made it?

Thank you all for your kind comments!

June 12, 2018 4:06 pm

Really cool.  Noisy yet melodic.  Agreed on the Tom Waits comment!

June 12, 2018 5:24 pm

I really like this.  Creative use of the cello and great collaboration with your printer wink

June 12, 2018 6:45 pm
mikememo wrote:

Really cool.  Noisy yet melodic.  Agreed on the Tom Waits comment!

I'm not that familiar with Waits, other than with his gravelley voice.

orangedrink wrote:

Always listen to your printer, I say.

June 13, 2018 2:29 pm

Unexpected use of a printer, with fantastic results! The combo yields a very cohesive atmosphere/narrative big_smile

June 14, 2018 8:10 am

this is a really great track. Reminds me a bit of Diego Stocco.

June 14, 2018 4:42 pm
Gab Manette wrote:

The printer only did the title; let's not give it to much credit. ::)

Bleeoop wrote:

this is a really great track. Reminds me a bit of Diego Stocco.

Not familiar with Stocco. Must investigate. Thanks!

June 14, 2018 8:53 pm
Jim Wood wrote:
Gab Manette wrote:

The printer only did the title; let's not give it to much credit. ::)

Ooooh! My bad, I completely misread your description. For some reason I got into my head that you paired sound samples of your printer while it was printing along with a cello to create the track. I will make sure to have my 2nd coffee before reading descriptions in the future XD

June 14, 2018 9:02 pm
Gab Manette wrote:
Jim Wood wrote:
Gab Manette wrote:

The printer only did the title; let's not give it to much credit. ::)

Although , why not sample the printer?

June 15, 2018 12:12 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

Although , why not sample the printer?

That could yield some interesting results probably! I've heard people do nice beats with floppy drives and printers, even with samples of a dying harddrive's sounds smile

June 17, 2018 1:31 pm

Such a cool array of sounds you've created. The Glissando towards the end were fantastic.

June 19, 2018 2:00 pm

Nice ominous mix of sounds from the cello.  The spooky element gives it a horror film sort of feel.  yikes

June 19, 2018 5:18 pm

Super sounds, awesome edits ... maybe you're channeling the cellos deep history

June 25, 2018 7:33 pm