WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Jim Wood's music / L'Après-midi d'un Faune (close mix)

L'Après-midi d'un Faune (close mix)

By Jim Wood on September 9, 2018 1:45 am

Poem by Stephane Mallarme. Vox: Camille Chevalier-Kartis, French Today "Easy French Poetry" podcast.

September 10, 2018 2:20 am

It has a space age bachelor pad feel.  It's probably the French language but it reminds me just a little bit of Stereolab or Air.  Very nice and chilled out.

September 10, 2018 7:29 pm

fleurs vaporeuses heart

September 10, 2018 8:38 pm

The auto tuning on the podcast audio is tight. This has the feel of a 1950s foreign film as picked up in transmissions to the future. And that french robot lady really knows her stuff!Cool stereo imaging. Like that bouncing kick drum effect.

September 10, 2018 9:02 pm

The voice really reminds me of GLaDOS from the game Portal ... actually even the atmosphere of the song reminds me of Portal. This is bringing me back to escaping Aperture Science.

Anyway, really nice track, especially the vocal processing.

September 10, 2018 9:17 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

Gab Manette wrote:

fleurs vaporeuses <3

NWSPR wrote:

mikememo wrote:

Anyway, really nice track, especially the vocal processing.

Thanks all! The voice was so lovely, I tried to limit the usual damage.

September 10, 2018 11:24 pm

Nice, I feel sophisticated when I hear French poetry.

September 11, 2018 3:45 am

Great find on the vocal, very nice synth sounds on this one and nice deep bass that comes in midway

September 11, 2018 2:12 pm
miraclemiles wrote:

Nice, I feel sophisticated when I hear French poetry.

That's because you ARE sophisticated when you hear French poetry. ::)

Jason Nijjer wrote:

Thank you!

September 11, 2018 2:56 pm

This is so cool lmao. French is such a fun language to listen too, I really like what you did with this heart

September 11, 2018 8:49 pm

I love your music - you are like a dumpster diver.  You find the most random sources and then refinish them, paint them, arrange them, and somehow the end result is really pretty!

The subtle feedbacking and warble is A+!!

September 11, 2018 10:27 pm
hieme wrote:

This is so cool lmao. French is such a fun language to listen too, I really like what you did with this <3

orangedrink wrote:

As a former graphic designer, I follow the credo "Garbage in, nicely formatted garbage out."

The subtle feedbacking and warble is A+!!

September 13, 2018 7:51 pm

Cool, this has a very avant garde feel to it, nice work!!

September 13, 2018 8:28 pm
orangedrink wrote:

The subtle feedbacking and warble is A+!!

Looks like I messed up the reply: as a former graphic designer, I follow the credo "Garbage in, nicely formatted garbage out."

LydiaPrimate wrote:

Cool, this has a very avant garde feel to it, nice work!!

I tried to do Mallarme proud.

September 16, 2018 1:56 am

Lovely laid back feel to it.  Has all your processing traits yet less tongue in cheek to it.  Very well done.

September 16, 2018 3:00 pm
rdomain wrote:

Yea, this one was pretty straight up. Thanks for listening.

September 23, 2018 9:43 pm

Lovely vocals, processed just right to fit the otherwordly feel of the music. Wonderful track!

September 24, 2018 12:04 am
Plantrain wrote:

Thank you!

September 24, 2018 5:53 am

extremely beautiful stuff... I love the way how the ambient elements take over towards the end section.