Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Jim Wood's music / Hours We Are Open

Hours We Are Open

By Jim Wood on December 7, 2018 7:24 pm

Intermittent robotic boogie. Voices: Annik Rubens Slow German podcast #174 "Die deutschen Bundesl√§nder," treated with  M4L supacut and M4L scrubber.

December 10, 2018 12:25 am

Some definitely funky robot sounds on display here.  Makes me want to dance the robot.

December 10, 2018 4:27 am

Hours we are open, trying to figure out how the title fits into this?  Nice robo bass!

December 10, 2018 5:13 am

These robots have some spring in their step!  Like it!

December 10, 2018 3:27 pm

Classic JW. Nice chopping

December 10, 2018 5:41 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

The robot thanks you.

Jason Nijjer wrote:

Title was left over from past revisions. ::)

December 11, 2018 6:04 am

Aside from the cool cut ups, I like the weird chord progression/harmony that's happening there.

Sounds like people trying to interrupt and then get self-conscious about interrupting, so they stop talking.

"WELL ACTUALLY.......JAH.............J-J--J-J-J-J--J-J-J-J-J---J-J"

December 11, 2018 2:33 pm

Really enjoyed those Max Headroom style stutter-chops heart Nice bouncy low end too!

December 11, 2018 10:30 pm

It's a nursery rhyme from the land of misfit toys. Very Dada. Lots of space in the comp as well, which is refreshing (I don't have the discipline).

December 12, 2018 1:42 am
orangedrink wrote:

"WELL ACTUALLY.......JAH.............J-J--J-J-J-J--J-J-J-J-J---J-J"

Gab Manette wrote:

Really enjoyed those Max Headroom style stutter-chops <3 Nice bouncy low end too!

NWSPR wrote:

I thank you. Max (both Headroom and For Live) thanks you.

December 13, 2018 8:13 am

this is a very weird one indeed! Which is a very good thing in my books. Has a great structure in its seemingly random  developments. Makes me think of a automated public service broadcast gone interestingly beserk.

December 15, 2018 10:26 pm

this is crazy lol but the pitch bending on the vocals is dope

December 15, 2018 11:37 pm
Ashen Simian wrote:

franky wrote:

this is crazy lol but the pitch bending on the vocals is dope

Thanks! My specialty.

December 16, 2018 1:21 pm

This is pretty wild, very fun trying to wrap my head around everything that's going on.

December 16, 2018 4:33 pm
hieme wrote:

Please, don't hurt yourself.

December 16, 2018 8:46 pm

December 17, 2018 7:56 pm

Nice cuts. So this is what German sounds like. I think I really picked up some German from this, thanks! Max really brings it!

December 17, 2018 11:39 pm
kaedo sevaada wrote:

miraclemiles wrote:

Thanks. Unfortunately, living in New Mexico, I don't have much of a chance to keep up with my German.

December 21, 2018 4:56 pm

The chord progression has a cool creepy feeling to it.  Really nice fx on those vocal chops