WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Jim Wood's music / Hang Up and Try Again

Hang Up and Try Again

By Jim Wood on February 15, 2018 1:36 am

Telephone error message. Melodic variations created by stretching the alert tones, quantizing and then switching to re-pitch mode.

February 19, 2018 9:14 am

Fun experiment! smile)

February 19, 2018 11:39 am

Nice Idea! Really like your drums on this topic... brings this stressed feeling as if  you try to reach a hotline for half a day big_smile

February 19, 2018 6:15 pm

Great idea and a colourful variation of sorrys by chopping your telefonesample. Wunderbar.

February 19, 2018 8:28 pm

February 20, 2018 2:22 am

Great use of phone noises and a really fun idea.  Definitely has a great beat, too.

February 20, 2018 3:57 am

Love it... I enjoy messing around with those style samples

February 21, 2018 1:31 am
dj someguy wrote:

Fun experiment! smile)

theGuen wrote:

Q-Rosh wrote:

kaedo sevaada wrote:

CosmicCairns wrote:

Podling wrote:

Love it... I enjoy messing around with those style samples

Thanks for your kind comments!

February 21, 2018 6:13 pm

Very cool! I especially like when the tones go low. Click!

February 26, 2018 1:01 am

As the child of a phone company employee...I'm totally down with this. Hypnotic, nostalgic, analgesic.

February 27, 2018 11:13 pm

haha, love it. One of my faves of yours. So many familiar tones and voices put to good use here. This needs to be the hold / error music somewhere. We use Cisco Jabber for calls where I work, and I actually kind of like the hold music, gotta sample that.

February 28, 2018 5:11 am

Dope, reminds me of skinny puppy, one of my favourite groups

March 4, 2018 4:43 am

Some good crunchiness with the lower tone pitching.  An element of creepy weirdness with one of the voices which I also like  smile

March 4, 2018 3:55 pm
cfurrow wrote:

Very cool! I especially like when the tones go low. Click!

onezero wrote:

miraclemiles wrote:

Jason Nijjer wrote:

Dope, reminds me of skinny puppy, one of my favourite groups

Haven't listened to them in years; I'll have to dig out out the CDs.

rdomain wrote:

Thank you all for listening!

April 1, 2018 7:26 pm

Love the dance drum beat and all the grainy sample pitch bend artifacts