Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Epistemology

By Jim Wood on August 25, 2018 2:56 pm

Vocals: AlterEgo Marie Ork through resonator. Periodic record abuse.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
August 27, 2018 12:04 am

Sounds like an alien DJ or something and evolves into some interesting and unexpected directions as it goes.

August 27, 2018 6:53 am

Super quirky!  And, really like your bass sound, nice work!

August 27, 2018 11:25 am

Macca Macca Hey!

August 27, 2018 2:41 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

Sounds like an alien DJ or something and evolves into some interesting and unexpected directions as it goes.

LydiaPrimate wrote:

Super quirky!  And, really like your bass sound, nice work!

Machine Gun Ibiza wrote:

Macca Macca Hey!

Thank you!

August 27, 2018 4:03 pm

this is out there, very creative.  I also really like the bass sound.

August 27, 2018 7:39 pm

i agree with the alien dj comment + i love the weird like zipper/record cutting sound its my fave lol

August 28, 2018 8:31 pm

I'm hearing the Paul McCartney / Wings! Love the vinyl scratch sounds.  Totally recontextualized.  So good! It's like Wings run through a black hole. There's another pizzicato guitar riff in there that sounds familiar but can't quite get it. Or am I mistaken?

August 29, 2018 2:05 am
mikememo wrote:

this is out there, very creative.  I also really like the bass sound.

daniarnica wrote:

i agree with the alien dj comment + i love the weird like zipper/record cutting sound its my fave lol

NWSPR wrote:

I'm hearing the Paul McCartney / Wings! Love the vinyl scratch sounds.  Totally recontextualized.  So good! It's like Wings run through a black hole. There's another pizzicato guitar riff in there that sounds familiar but can't quite get it. Or am I mistaken?

Thank you all! That riff is something I've been hearing in practically every restaurant I've been in for the past couple of months. So I guess I'm imprinted. ::)

August 30, 2018 12:14 am

I'm digging this. A slinky groove I can thank the alien dj for! And the restaurant music programmer. You must go to good restaurants.

August 30, 2018 12:45 am
miraclemiles wrote:

I'm digging this. A slinky groove I can thank the alien dj for! And the restaurant music programmer. You must go to good restaurants.

Oh yeah only the best. ::)

August 30, 2018 3:49 am

this is great, really could see some odd ball rappers rhyming over this, and I love abusing my turntables and records, however they probably don't appreciate that.

August 30, 2018 9:08 am

really a brain bender! Fantastically weird... love it!

August 31, 2018 7:42 pm

The zippy sound is soo much fun to listen to heart I love how the drums tie everything together in this track. Really creative stuff heart

August 31, 2018 10:07 pm

Did you play those record scratches yourself or were they sampled?

August 31, 2018 10:09 pm

Amazingly weird stuff. The bass and the percussion in the second half really hold everything together.

August 31, 2018 10:47 pm
Guabágeuse wrote:

Did you play those record scratches yourself or were they sampled?

a few were mine (records I didn't care much about), rest were samples.

Guabágeuse wrote:

Amazingly weird stuff. The bass and the percussion in the second half really hold everything together.

Thanks!

August 31, 2018 10:49 pm
Jason Nijjer wrote:

this is great, really could see some odd ball rappers rhyming over this, and I love abusing my turntables and records, however they probably don't appreciate that.

Ashen Simian wrote:

really a brain bender! Fantastically weird... love it!

hieme wrote:

The zippy sound is soo much fun to listen to <3 I love how the drums tie everything together in this track. Really creative stuff <3

Thanks for your comments! I try not to get carried away scratching. ::)

September 2, 2018 7:59 am

Fun but unsettling!

September 2, 2018 4:53 pm

Odd in the best way possible smile I agree with hieme, the zippy/scratchy sounds were very fun to hear smile

September 2, 2018 6:03 pm
Avarine wrote:

Fun but unsettling!

Gab Manette wrote:

Odd in the best way possible smile I agree with hieme, the zippy/scratchy sounds were very fun to hear smile

Glad you could stop  by for a listen!

September 2, 2018 10:07 pm

Weird and wonderful, excellent alternate universe pop music!

September 5, 2018 7:37 am

Jim shimmering, jimmering. By listening carefully you can hear a melody and harmony somewhere in your mind, and it changes with each repetition of the song. Love it

September 6, 2018 1:03 pm

So many cool vinyl scratches! Nice beats too especially in the second half with those dancing hi-hats.

September 11, 2018 2:51 am

I don't like it smile Hahahaha

September 11, 2018 8:51 pm

Oh man I love the scratching and that first sample is so weird and good.

September 11, 2018 10:29 pm
Fred und Luna wrote:

Jim shimmering, jimmering. By listening carefully you can hear a melody and harmony somewhere in your mind, and it changes with each repetition of the song. Love it

Tone Matrix wrote:

So many cool vinyl scratches! Nice beats too especially in the second half with those dancing hi-hats.

??? wrote:

I don't like it smile Hahahaha

I totally agree.

orangedrink wrote:

Oh man I love the scratching and that first sample is so weird and good.

Thanks for stopping by!

September 16, 2018 1:59 pm

September 16, 2018 3:02 pm
kaedo sevaada wrote:

Well, if Paul and Linda approve...

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up