Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Diffused

By Jim Wood on October 13, 2018 6:24 pm

Vocals: CiggiBurns "How Happy I Am," "Kulturelle Identitäten in Deutschland" podcast.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
October 15, 2018 1:49 am

Mysterious and oddly dance-y at certain points, like how you mess with the tempo as well.

October 15, 2018 2:44 am

The change ups are awesome.  Definitely danceable.

October 15, 2018 3:29 pm
LydiaPrimate wrote:

Mysterious and oddly dance-y at certain points, like how you mess with the tempo as well.

CosmicCairns wrote:

The change ups are awesome.  Definitely danceable.

Thanks! The tempo changes were a late addition.

October 15, 2018 5:00 pm

The tempo variations really give this one life ... I was grooving quite a bit. Nice!

October 16, 2018 7:15 pm

cool!

October 16, 2018 9:04 pm
mikememo wrote:

The tempo variations really give this one life ... I was grooving quite a bit. Nice!

kaedo sevaada wrote:

cool!

Thanks for listening!

October 16, 2018 10:23 pm

I did some desk dancing and head bobbing! Great voice work!

October 17, 2018 4:27 pm

The pitch alterations are awesome. Those low pitch shifted vocalizations are like a Cylon singing kareoke. On lots of alcohol. Definitely got some dancability. I like that crazy echo effect 2/3 in.

October 20, 2018 8:46 am

Has a very catchy groove... this somehow got me feeling a bit like listening to The Residents! A great work, has that effective combination of groove, forward motion and crazy, avantgarde, tape-music styled found-sound mangling. A winner smile

October 20, 2018 10:23 pm

Creative and interesting as ever. The rhythm and tempo switch ups are really nicely done, this is great. Sounds very cohesive but alien at the same time heart Great stuff heart

October 21, 2018 12:45 am
miraclemiles wrote:

I did some desk dancing and head bobbing! Great voice work!

NWSPR wrote:

The pitch alterations are awesome. Those low pitch shifted vocalizations are like a Cylon singing kareoke. On lots of alcohol. Definitely got some dancability. I like that crazy echo effect 2/3 in.

Alcoholic Cylons! Thanks guys!

October 21, 2018 12:46 am
Ashen Simian wrote:

Has a very catchy groove... this somehow got me feeling a bit like listening to The Residents! A great work, has that effective combination of groove, forward motion and crazy, avantgarde, tape-music styled found-sound mangling. A winner smile

Thanks! Been a long time since I heard the Residents.

October 21, 2018 12:46 am
hieme wrote:

Creative and interesting as ever. The rhythm and tempo switch ups are really nicely done, this is great. Sounds very cohesive but alien at the same time <3 Great stuff <3

I really appreciate your comments.

October 21, 2018 10:19 pm

It's alien dance night!
Quite catchy and a little strange, I like it!

October 22, 2018 1:31 pm

An electric feeling throughout, the samples contrast nicely big_smile

October 26, 2018 3:49 pm

Some interesting industrial-esque beats and textures in this.  I especially enjoyed the frenetic pace that the kick and almost hi-hat synths create. 

October 26, 2018 8:54 pm
Plantrain wrote:

It's alien dance night!
Quite catchy and a little strange, I like it!

Gab Manette wrote:

An electric feeling throughout, the samples contrast nicely big_smile

Tone Matrix wrote:

Some interesting industrial-esque beats and textures in this.  I especially enjoyed the frenetic pace that the kick and almost hi-hat synths create.

 

Thanks! I really appreciate your comments.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up