Weeklybeats 2020 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 7,500 music compositions by over 300 artists.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Jason Nijjer's music / can't trap my mind

can't trap my mind

By Jason Nijjer on December 13, 2020 9:33 pm

Slow melancholy beat for this week, started with the idea of isolation; that we are all dealing with to some degree, yet our mind can always take us anywhere.  See you next week, hard to believe only 2 more weeks to go.

This submission is licensed by author under CC0 Creative Commons Zero (Public Domain)

December 14, 2020 8:11 am

Very cool voice samples - where do you get those? The whistling lines and the pads are a great combination. This is smooth, I enjoyed the track a lot.

December 15, 2020 4:19 am
Kedbreak136 wrote:

Thanks, I always appreciate your comments, I get most of my vocal samples from searching phrases in YouTube and see what comes up, really old movies, and I have hundreds of hip hop 12 inches from the 80’s and 90’s which often have acapella versions on the b-side

December 15, 2020 6:09 pm

I always enjoy old-schoolish hip hop tracks. This is definitely a good example of the 90ies in sounddesign and flow... very well executed.

December 17, 2020 7:31 pm

Nice beat ... awesome sample and chops of it! I like the bass. So true. Love this, quote of the week: "...yet our mind can always take us anywhere." True that.
I'm gonna go through some old vinyl soon, would like to grab samples, and may have to purge some of it, it mostly sits around these past years ...

December 18, 2020 12:25 am

Digging that funk.

December 18, 2020 6:41 pm

Awesome use of the vocal sample.  The scratching and just overall rhythm of it fit in perfect with your music.  A true head-nodder of a track.

December 19, 2020 3:15 pm

Cool ominous sound.  Very introspective like the vocal is a voice in your head.  Nice groove in the drums. I like that tommy gun rim shot action!