WeeklyBeats.com / Music / JANX's music / What You Took Was Mine (Trigger warning PTSD)

What You Took Was Mine (Trigger warning PTSD)

By JANX on January 28, 2018 8:13 pm

Trigger warning...#MeToo
This is a song I started a long time ago and decided to finish it and record it. It's a song I wrote right after something unfortunate happened in my life...someone broke into my home and attempted to assault me, or rather succeeded. Needless to say I kicked the dude right in the stomach and he ran away. I have recovered from my PTSD for the most part but the feelings of violation and rage aren't something you can just wish away. Especially if you are stuck living in the place it happened for awhile.

This song was a way to let me cope and express those emotions I had during the fallout. It might be kind of intense. You may not want to listen to it. I needed to release it to the world for my own sake so I can release the horrible memory associated with it.

Thank you all for being here even if you and I have never met in real life. This community helped me so much through that fucked up time in my life. Love you always.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

January 29, 2018 1:17 am

As a fellow victim - I really appreciate this heart.

January 29, 2018 7:10 am

It's good to hear your voice again.

January 29, 2018 4:29 pm
Diagamblic wrote:

As a fellow victim - I really appreciate this <3.

Devieus wrote:

It's good to hear your voice again.

Thank y'all for your comments. I was honestly thinking nobody would listen to it heart It's been nice to sing again. I'm hoping to put more vocals on the rest of my weekly beats songs from now on.

January 29, 2018 4:30 pm
Diagamblic wrote:

As a fellow victim - I really appreciate this <3.

Also I'm sorry to hear that you are a fellow victim but I am with you on this journey heart I wish you peace and happiness

January 29, 2018 11:39 pm

Thank you Janx! Hopefully I'll be able to add some vocals to at least one of my tracks this year.

January 31, 2018 1:08 pm

Thanks for sharing this with us, JANX. I don’t have the words that accurately convey how much I wish this had never happened, but I am so grateful that you are here and are sharing and healing. heart

February 4, 2018 7:46 pm