Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Ipaghost's music / I Saved My Game Here Once

I Saved My Game Here Once

By Ipaghost on May 18, 2014 7:03 pm

A love letter to that little village in that one game you played a long time ago. You should probably go back and visit, the locals are wondering where you've been...

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

May 19, 2014 12:11 am

It took me completely by surprise... And it's a really beautiful surprise. Really gorgeous melody and atmosphere, and the synths, the child laughing... I really loved this one.

Now I've got to leave you to power up my Amiga 500 and play some Kirandia.

NIIIICE!!!

May 19, 2014 12:56 am

This is awesome. Those atmospheric sounds - really nicely done. For me it reminds me of I think the hometown of Final Fantasy 8.

May 19, 2014 2:37 am

Being called "Chicken Chaser" in the first Fable.

May 19, 2014 2:47 am

I habitually dance around this fire in DayZ, often with legs malfunction .. great work btw.

May 19, 2014 2:46 pm

Haha.... very cool piece.  I haven't played the consoles for quite some time now.

May 19, 2014 4:27 pm

The guitar at the beginning reminds me of Alex Lifeson a bit. Somehow it gets even better from there.

May 19, 2014 6:02 pm
laguna wrote:

Now I've got to leave you to power up my Amiga 500 and play some Kirandia.

NIIIICE!!!

Lucky! I wish I had an Amiga! I had a lot of fun making the ambient sounds, a lot of them were using xoxos' nature vsts which are great and free! The wind, the birds and seaguls, and the coyote were synthesized. If I had more time I probably would have tried to synthesize more than that! The girl voice was my girlfriend pitch shifted a couple of steps. It was a last minute addition and she was quite reluctant because she is shy about her voice, but I'm glad it's in there! "Hey listen!" is a reference to Navi from Zelda, which she plays a lot of!

vinpous wrote:

I was totally considering doing a Final Fantasy style battle in the middle! For a second anyway!

Dastein wrote:

Being called "Chicken Chaser" in the first Fable.

Seems to be a trend in fantasy games!

tim koch wrote:

If you need me, I'll be in my room...

rdomain wrote:

I wish I still had my old consoles. Luckily the nds can emulate a lot of them!

Edmund Snyder wrote:

Hmmm, I never listened that much to Rush to see the similarity. I didn't know they did acoustic stuff. But thanks!

May 19, 2014 6:59 pm

Nice playful mood.

May 19, 2014 7:07 pm
encym wrote:

Nice playful mood.

Thanks!

May 19, 2014 7:26 pm

Playful and beautiful, the environmental sounds rounds this off very nicely!

May 20, 2014 1:13 pm

Great composition! You captured the Zelda vibe well! Beautiful stuff.

May 20, 2014 3:09 pm

heart

May 20, 2014 3:34 pm
Plantrain wrote:

Playful and beautiful, the environmental sounds rounds this off very nicely!

Thanks!

RawTicks wrote:

Great composition! You captured the Zelda vibe well! Beautiful stuff.

I guess you could say the Zelda vibe captured me well!

7506 wrote:

=^-^=

May 20, 2014 5:56 pm

was just checking out those nature vst's....and noticed it's PC only ;( guess I'll have to go visit a REAL FOREST and record this shit myself tongue

anyways, great work as usual. nice diversity of styles you have there, friend

May 20, 2014 7:09 pm
dreikelvin wrote:

anyways, great work as usual. nice diversity of styles you have there, friend

That is a shame since there are so many free pc vsts. I was always under the impression there was a way to use pc vsts on mac; have you tried http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2012/ … r-mac-daw/?

I also like your diversity in styles as well! Keep it up!

May 20, 2014 7:36 pm
dreikelvin wrote:

anyways, great work as usual. nice diversity of styles you have there, friend

thanks I know this post... too much hassle for me tongue I have virtualbox for running most of my pc-only sound apps and plugins. if I really need something, I record it directly in the VM and then export the audio to process it further in my mac DAW. that said, this happens barely. I don't want to use plugins for this and that when I am working more intuitively and with less tinkering which for me, kills my creativity tongue

May 22, 2014 1:20 am

Great job, I was listening outside and didn't realize the birds chirping were actually in your track, I'm very impressed with how many different styles of music you have composed for weekly beats

May 22, 2014 4:49 am
dreikelvin wrote:
dreikelvin wrote:

anyways, great work as usual. nice diversity of styles you have there, friend

I agree, I wouldn't want to deal with all of the hassle either!

Jason Nijjer wrote:

I love it when a song makes me think something is really there! Unless it's cop sounds!
Glad you appreciate the styles. I wish variety was more marketable in the mainstream, it seems people get mad when an artist doesn't churn out the same old stuff they love.

May 22, 2014 5:55 pm

exellent as always! is this real guitar or Shreddage?:)

May 22, 2014 6:35 pm
anodivirta wrote:

exellent as always! is this real guitar or Shreddage?:)

Thank you!
The guitars are Pettinhouse's Acoustic Guitar Fingered and Strum patches.

May 23, 2014 2:28 am

this is soo good! great arrangement and playing. smile

May 23, 2014 8:06 am
cfurrow wrote:

this is soo good! great arrangement and playing. smile

I wish I could play this well! Thanks quantization!

May 23, 2014 12:35 pm

this is great and brought back a lot of memories of my nes playing days.  I like how the theme is used in different sections as if you're lil Link scrolling around the screen.  The added efx are cool too especially when we get to ride the horsie! smile  The guitar sounded awesome too.  If you revisit this theme, def go for the battle scene smile  Nice job!

May 23, 2014 7:45 pm
Tone Matrix wrote:

Yay, I'm glad you could get immersed, that is what I was going for! The biggest reason I didn't do a battle sequence is that it would have taken away from this theme, and I want to do it separately so I can go all out balls to the wall with it, like mega boss modes which keep coming back bigger and badder!

May 24, 2014 6:19 am

impressive! that's a really great job!

May 24, 2014 8:01 pm
yan_g wrote:

impressive! that's a really great job!

Thanks Yan!

May 25, 2014 2:02 pm

Wow. This is really great both from production and composition. Thanks for sharing!

May 25, 2014 4:05 pm

A wistful tune. Love the ambiance. Enjoyed muchly!

May 25, 2014 11:31 pm
greg.igaya wrote:

Techmonkey wrote:

A wistful tune. Love the ambiance. Enjoyed muchly!

Thanks guys!

May 26, 2014 8:50 am

absolutely wow!!! Awesome skills on every corner. Reminds me a lot of my intensive gaming times. Just plain beautiful!

May 26, 2014 7:15 pm
Perplex On wrote:

Thank you very much! big_smile

June 5, 2014 10:15 am

So nostalgic, gorgeous track dude! Brings back memories of the PS1 rpg days.
Favorited!

June 19, 2014 11:10 pm

I love this soo much!!

did you play the guitar or program it??

Chrono Trigger....

...

I have been back to this submission time and again...

heart

June 20, 2014 3:51 am
PhillipeGrishin wrote:

I love this soo much!!

did you play the guitar or program it??

Chrono Trigger....

...

I have been back to this submission time and again...

I'm going to have to check out the DS version sometime.
The guitar like everything else in my music is programmed. I wish I could play that well!
Glad you like the track, I had a lot of fun writing it!

June 21, 2014 2:49 pm
Ipaghost wrote:
PhillipeGrishin wrote:

I love this soo much!!

did you play the guitar or program it??

Chrono Trigger....

...

I have been back to this submission time and again...

I'm going to have to check out the DS version sometime.
Glad you like the track, I had a lot of fun writing it!

well... its really nicely programmed... what vst did u use? It sounds proper quality... get a emulator and play the original - the story is unreal... and the artwork is done by Akira Toryama - the dude who did Dragonball Z - u can spot a really interesting resemblance....

June 21, 2014 3:58 pm
PhillipeGrishin wrote:

The guitars are Pettinhouse's Acoustic Guitar Fingered and Strum patches which are Kontakt libraries.

June 22, 2014 4:38 pm