Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

She's My Baby

By Gnarlysunshine on January 21, 2018 3:44 pm

Cheated a bit this week. My dad wrote this song before I was even born, so we got together with my brother and jammed on it

Song written by Mike Coates
Mike and Daniel Coates on Guitar
Dylan Coates (Me) on Drums

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
January 22, 2018 1:22 am

This makes me miss jamming with you sad love the chords and the overall drum feel. I like the rhythm  changes during the solo

January 22, 2018 4:14 am

cool that you got the whole family in on this one, I should jam with my dad and brother more often...
was/is your dad in any bands?

January 22, 2018 3:58 pm

Nice. I wish I had musical family to collaborate with.

January 23, 2018 12:22 am

Neat back story and a great live sound.  Your dad must be a pretty cool guy! 

January 24, 2018 1:51 pm
spOOked wrote:

This makes me miss jamming with you sad love the chords and the overall drum feel. I like the rhythm  changes during the solo

Dude, we used to get down



Parallelis wrote:

cool that you got the whole family in on this one, I should jam with my dad and brother more often...
was/is your dad in any bands?

Nope. He just used to write songs for fun and then played them for my brother and I to put us to sleep when we were kids. Now that we're grown we've started jamming on them



CosmicCairns wrote:

Neat back story and a great live sound.  Your dad must be a pretty cool guy!

Yeah, he's pretty cool. I'm pretty sure he built both guitars on this song from scratch too

January 26, 2018 8:21 pm

Sometimes a drum and two guitars is all you need.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up