Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

False Alarm

By gesceap on March 8, 2020 9:49 pm

Double time hiphop breaks with mic dropping samples

Tried to polish up an old unfinished song, give a little more structure and mix it better.
I can't promise I wont use the same wu-tang sample again in another song.

Made on Nanoloop Mobile on an iPad 2
Export, no effects, minimal mastering.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
March 9, 2020 4:38 am

ah nice work again dude - love that you’re exploring all the territories with NL. the bassline and warped lead are super nice

March 9, 2020 4:27 pm
lysdexic wrote:

ah nice work again dude - love that you’re exploring all the territories with NL. the bassline and warped lead are super nice

i figured this would be the place to explore some styles...

March 9, 2020 4:57 pm

That ping pong sound vocal effect is awesome! Like were this goes with the detuning synths and hyper bass trills.

March 10, 2020 1:07 am

yeah this is sick as hell

March 10, 2020 3:25 am
NWSPR wrote:

That ping pong sound vocal effect is awesome! Like were this goes with the detuning synths and hyper bass trills.

It's a cool twist on the first rhythm, thank you.

godinpants wrote:

yeah this is sick as hell

Thanks, I did like it. Glad it got out there. Not sure if I'll polish it more tbh

March 10, 2020 11:06 pm


cool piece!

March 15, 2020 10:41 pm

wut.... heck, I would have never picked this was made in nanoloop.
Those pitchy pads really got me. Lovely work.

March 16, 2020 3:02 am
Simon Koehn wrote:

wut.... heck, I would have never picked this was made in nanoloop.
Those pitchy pads really got me. Lovely work.

Was a experiment to test vocal/sample limits. Was fun but I feel this is a dead end. Good for what it is.

March 17, 2020 10:43 am
gesceap wrote:

Was a experiment to test vocal/sample limits. Was fun but I feel this is a dead end. Good for what it is.

I think you are just entering Prefuse 73 territory, though I agree you'll then need several vocal chops. Why not trying silable choppin' so you get the flow but won't really need them to actually "say" something?

Pretty impressed with your work.


April 6, 2020 5:43 am

great vocal cutups, tons of forward momentum in these rhythms, feels like it is constantly tumbling forward

and yes pls keep using that wu-tang sample ;-)

April 6, 2020 5:06 pm
zirafa wrote:

great vocal cutups, tons of forward momentum in these rhythms, feels like it is constantly tumbling forward

and yes pls keep using that wu-tang sample ;-)

sadly i have a few other songs with that sample already smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up