Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / george bowles's music / an ode to a memory not long ago

an ode to a memory not long ago

By george bowles on March 25, 2018 1:53 am

what are the limits of perception and memory? another found guitar at my mother's house, this one a full body acoustic guitar. had a rather brittle, crisp tone to it. played in the upstairs living room that my mother used to frequent.

March 26, 2018 6:26 am

has a feeling of unrest, for being a light song. those open chords and the melody you're carving outta 'em feel real unique and tense

March 26, 2018 6:50 pm

I can feel the emotional weight of the room and of the guitar.  I'm glad you are channeling your experiences into your work.  Beautiful, haunting.

March 27, 2018 4:57 pm

Very lovely.

March 28, 2018 4:38 pm

I like the empty-house feeling that unfolds through this improvisation.  There's a sparse isolation to it, but a living thread through it as well.  Beautiful work, sir!

March 29, 2018 11:39 pm
strolts wrote:

thank you!

March 29, 2018 11:39 pm
orangedrink wrote:

oh wow, thank you so much. i am kind of still trying to figure out what i think about the piece. but this is kind of what i was hoping for..

March 29, 2018 11:40 pm
Devieus wrote:

Very lovely.

onezero wrote:

thanks! yeah the house certainly feel so much more empty now in a variety of ways. going back there again this weekend.

January 31, 2019 3:43 am
onezero wrote:

glad to find you on facebook (i mean, vice versa!), i just posted this there again.

January 31, 2019 3:44 am
strolts wrote:

i think part of this is that my stepfather isn't very open minded about music and i was trying to play this before he noticed or something.