canada

Hi, I noticed "featured music" in the music filters menu. How does someone get their track featured, is it just mods picking their favourites? Cheers

canada

Bump

canada

Yo anybody out there? Any mods wanna answer this question?

Gosford, Australia

it's an old unused feature from chipmusic.org, which the backend of this site is based on. it's supposed to work kind of like your profile spotlight on soundcloud, but isn't implemented for weeklybeats smile

Last edited by midimachine (January 22, 2024 12:19 am)

canada

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately I'm still a bit confused because tracks do end up in this menu. How do they get there?

Gosford, Australia

oh i never saw the drop down sort thing haha

well i've checked a bunch of items on the current featured music list and with my mod vision i can see that none of them have been flagged as featured in their song pages. so your guess is a good as mine as to how they got there. not implemented fully as of yet smile

Last edited by midimachine (January 22, 2024 1:11 am)

This was answered last week by Mission Crossing in a separate Discord conversation.

Mission Crossing wrote:

From what I can tell in the code, WB admins can set tracks as "featured" to show up under featured music
Oh ok, each track has an internal "rating"... maybe by number of views+comments which also auto-feature it

canada
ineff wrote:

This was answered last week by Mission Crossing in a separate Discord conversation.

Mission Crossing wrote:

From what I can tell in the code, WB admins can set tracks as "featured" to show up under featured music
Oh ok, each track has an internal "rating"... maybe by number of views+comments which also auto-feature it

Does not compute. Is there a straightforward answer or should I let this go? lol

Not everyone here is involved in the discord. This is the main site, so the answer should be here yeah?

Last edited by hhuwoa (January 25, 2024 10:06 pm)

St Louis

I think weekly beats discussion should be in the forums, agreed. Other than that, I'm not sure why you're pushing this so much. It's a section that doesn't get talked about or used by most people. I liked the explanation that it was just part of another setup in the past that got brought over.

hhuwoa wrote:

Does not compute. Is there a straightforward answer or should I let this go? lol

Not everyone here is involved in the discord. This is the main site, so the answer should be here yeah?

Different conversations happen in different places; that one happened there.  I quoted the original answer for you as a courtesy because not everyone is in the discord to see it.  If that still doesn't compute, then yeah it's probably time to let it go.

canada
george bowles wrote:

I'm not sure why you're pushing this so much.

Because I wasn't getting a straight answer. (Mod selection? Based on number of plays+views? All of the above? Seemed like everyone attempting to answer the question was just guessing.)

ineff wrote:

I quoted the original answer for you as a courtesy because not everyone is in the discord to see it.

No need to do it as a courtesy for me personally, I was inquiring on behalf of anyone in the community wondering the same thing, which is why I think the answer should be right here on the main site. I'm sure lots of people out there would like to know how they might be able to get their track featured, they just aren't asking.

ineff wrote:

If that still doesn't compute, then yeah it's probably time to let it go.

Lol ok you got it chief.

Last edited by hhuwoa (January 30, 2024 9:46 pm)