Wisconsin, USA

So good to see you @orangedrink! Here we go 2024!!

Melbourne, Australia

Really helpful video for a new participant, cheers Orangedrink

Montreal

Thanks for this Drew.

I am pretty "lazy" with my music as I have a pretty filled up life already, but weekly beats is a very good motivator to sit, record and listen to some of your guys crazy tracks.

I am very sorry about the rule that says it have to be a "Finish" track and not a WIP as I personally did cheat quite a bit about this one rule with track are for sure finished for now but more of an idea than a completed track. Ooops. You can put me in the weekly beats jail now.

But hell yes it helped me a lot with my workflows and sometimes listening back to 2020 and 2022 tracks I find little gems.

Welcome to all the rookies, and very happy to see multiple veterans.

Rock! (or any genre, it doesn't matter)

germany

hello drew! cool stuff, as always!

Brooklyn, NY

This was great, thank you Drew! I especially liked hearing your own experience of the improvements you saw by going through it. Also, your story about doubling your career music output in the first year of doing WB really sticks in my mind. Thanks for sharing

Last edited by nedsferatu (January 8, 2024 12:09 am)

This was the best video I've watched in a long time. Thank you. I loved the text not fitting in the frame, I loved the lighting, I loved the location choice. "Theoretically fun" cracked me up. Such a breath of fresh air. And as someone who has just started trying to make music, and missed the first week, I needed to hear this. My whole career so far has been getting a M8, spending months adding more and more samples to the SD card, making several 1 or 2 chain ditties, and never actually making a whole song. I'll try to not miss week two too! Excited.

Finland
djippy wrote:

I am very sorry about the rule that says it have to be a "Finish" track and not a WIP as I personally did cheat quite a bit about this one rule with track are for sure finished for now but more of an idea than a completed track. Ooops. You can put me in the weekly beats jail now.

Don't worry about it: "Track is finished when it's released."

That is the final truth. Every track is WIP until that point. I'll take that so it means: It's more than just four bar loop.

thanks so much for this video! really inspiring and chill to have those insights of someone who is doing this again and again smile

Dordrecht, The Netherlands

Heyhey! First timer here!
A friend happened to send me the weekly beats URL, and it got me excited.
This might be a fun challenge, and it'll def be kicking my perfectionist/imposter syndrome shins.

This video really makes me feel welcome here smile
I'll do my best to listen to all the submissions if time allows it, and hope to make some friends along the way.

greetings and loads of hugs from me smile

Great video for freshmen and not so fresh men (sophomores?) alike. Thank you for this and the motivation!

Watch me try and do WB and start a gym membership within the same year lol