Vancouver, BC

Hi - I'm trying to listen to my exported track for this week & convert it to an MP3 file for submission, but... any time I open it, my VLC would crash! I tried opening other files (.wavs & .mp3s) and all of them would crash. I tried opening them in Windows Media Player, but it gives me errors (and doesn't give me any info on what the actual errors are).

I've scoured the googlez and haven't found anything useful... anybody have any idea what might be going on? I'd love to get this exported in time for the deadline tomorrow.

AU

There's the answer if it's crashing on most media files - very likely be your audio driver - they will probably both be using the default windows "Microsoft sound mapper" to output sound.  Try flipping your DAW from ASIO back to the default and see if it crashes too.  There's options in windows sound to choose what output to use - maybe see if you have a WASAPI driver or similar.  I'd then look at reinstalling whatever driver is running your sound card.

Is it an expternal Sound Module or internal motherboard sound?

AU

Sometimes going into device manager and just disabling sound on your computer at a device level and re-enabling it will fix the problem.