Boulder, CO. USA

This is a silly, noobie question.  Is the first song due Monday Jan 4?  The ticking of the count down timer has me a little puzzled. It says Weekly Beats will start in x day xx hours, but does that mean the first song should be done and ready for upload? Or is that our down beat to start writing and the first song is due the following Monday? 

I see this on the FAQ

‹ What is the weekly deadline?
Answer: 00:00:00 GMT Monday.

Best,
Tim

Los Angeles

You are suppose to start on the 4th. Not have a song done by then. Sorry for the confusion. smile

adelaide

Sweet, thanks for the clarification.

Santa Fe, NM

Yes, thanks. I was wondering why the upload button wasn't doing anything.

France

Ha! Damn, I just finished my first track and I really don't want to work on it again : Speedrun 2016 WB's for me! smile
Good work everybody!

St Louis

oh good, i was worried about this

Chicago

Came looking for an answer to this. Leaving satisfied. (and also not freaking out about missing the first upload)

Chicago

Is there supposed to be a countdown clock for submissions? I know there was one for when the week started but I don't see nothing no more nowhere no how

Psydney
Tomavatars wrote:

Ha! Damn, I just finished my first track and I really don't want to work on it again : Speedrun 2016 WB's for me! smile
Good work everybody!

You have a one week buffer now, for when it gets tough smile

Melbourne
Saskrotch wrote:

Is there supposed to be a countdown clock for submissions? I know there was one for when the week started but I don't see nothing no more nowhere no how

yeah the upload link still doesn't go anywhere either

Los Angeles

Yeah sorry, fixed. Some faulty logic from 2014. wink

You should be able to upload tomorrow, first day doesn't count. big_smile

Adelaide, South Australia

Thanks for the clarification.

A super industrious afternoon - track one's done and dusted!

Los Angeles

Congrats! I have yet to start, or maybe I wont even try to do it this year. UNDECIDED! (lol)

Melbourne
Trash80 wrote:

Yeah sorry, fixed. Some faulty logic from 2014. wink

You should be able to upload tomorrow, first day doesn't count. big_smile

no probs, thanks! I forgot about the "listen today, upload tomorrow" thing big_smile

Pittsburgh, PA

Upload still seems to be broken for me, but we have all week to work it out.

Los Angeles
onezero wrote:

Upload still seems to be broken for me, but we have all week to work it out.

Its not broken, you can not upload the same day the week starts. If someone already has a track done before the week has started, it's not in the spirit of the site.  wink