St Louis

CONGRATS!

nyc

Coolest 51//52 weeks of my life!
heart heart heart

Last edited by sylcmyk (December 29, 2014 1:10 am)

Pittsburgh, PA

Congratulations everyone and thank you!  52/52 here, found out about it on Createdigitalmusic.com just before the deadline last year, and figured what the heck, why not?  I never hit a block as such, and always figured that I'd work out something.  Some of my tracks weren't so good, but those tended to be from trying to hit a specific target.  The better tracks emerged somewhat organically and were more process-oriented. ("Let's do something where all the guitars go through this pedal I just bought."  "Let's use the bit crusher on all tracks." "Let's have every track be this Ableton instrument.")  If I thought I had a successful with some particular track, the next week went better if I set some rule that differentiated the two, to avoid live-up-to-X syndrome. I did learn that I really like synthesizing percussion sounds better than using drum machine samples, so that opens up some process.  And I like using drum lines that are varying lengths for unexpected interactions. 

Very cool to do this, and while I'm not totally sure what I'll do in 2015, I think I'm going to try to keep up a composition schedule. And collect some of what I did this past year for more formal release.  Also, I'm not going away--I'll listen to things I haven't yet heard, and keep commenting. Great to discover your work here!

I'm on SahndClahd (either this one or this one), Defacebook, an Ello thing, and have a few relatively inactive Twizzlers.

Last edited by onezero (December 29, 2014 6:24 pm)

Brasilia, Brazil

Guys, what a great time! I grew a lot as an artist on this crazy run! Thank you so much!
52/52 audiovisual works done here!

Phoenix, AZ

52/52! I'm so psyched.  I'm sad there won't be another WB - I think I'm going to have to just keep on it myself, because this schedule has really made me more creative.  I have to thank all of you guys so much for doing this with me!  If it does happen again, I'd happily donate to help with server costs and such.  The music will stay up for awhile, right? I hope? 

Thank you guys, thank you Phil, thank you to everyone for your amazing music and input and for helping me be a better musician.

vienna

52/52 - that was a challenge - exciting - i pretty much enjoyed producing and listening ...
what about 2015?

chra

Riverside, CA

Huge congrats to: Pyronetiks/GDD, tiasu, Phil Harmonic, spry, vinpous, sinewave, Neil Carnegie, Brackleforth, (and myself :3)
who uploaded a track every week in both 2012 and 2014!~
edit: (check stats thread for more info and graphs)

Also for those interested, a WB2014 shirt! (it's on my shop but I get $0 from it, just fyi)

http://jiffypop23.spreadshirt.com/weekl … 100886717/

Last edited by jiffypop23 (December 29, 2014 3:06 pm)

MKE

52/52 ...And only by the good graces of Phil Harmonic!
Thanks so much for WB and everyone here who participated! WB is probably the best thing that has ever happened to my music, and easily the best music community I've ever been a part of! You guys are all super talented and helpful, and got me back into making music again. I really enjoyed being able to try new sounds, develop new techniques, getting great feedback, and of course all of your inspiration! Not to mention I seem to work better with deadlines!
I would totally help out if you guys want to do one 2015, I'm sure we can find resources if that is what is needed.
Keep in touch everyone! Add me on facebook, fb page, or soundcloud or whatever kids use these days, I'm 'ipaghost' everywhere.
Also, we do Ironchef of Music on a sporadic schedule, it's only a 2 hour commitment, so sign up if you want to hear about future chefs!
You guys are awesome! Keep it up!

MKE
jiffypop23 wrote:

Huge congrats to: Pyronetiks/GDD, tiasu, Phil Harmonic, spry, vinpous, sinewave, Neil Carnegie, Brackleforth, (and myself :3)

Also for those interested, a WB2014 shirt! (it's on my shop but I get $0 from it, just fyi)

You better believe I'll get one of these!

Warshington

Hi, just registered. I'm hoping to participate in 2015 - is it still on?

The future
Ipaghost wrote:
jiffypop23 wrote:

You better believe I'll get one of these!

yaay big_smile

Phoenix, AZ
jiffypop23 wrote:

Yes please. It would be sweet if you put "52/52" on the back in the WB font wink

Schwerin I'm afraid
brian botkiller wrote:
jiffypop23 wrote:

Yes please. It would be sweet if you put "52/52" on the back in the WB font wink

oooh yeah!!

MKE
brian botkiller wrote:
jiffypop23 wrote:

Damn, I already ordered mine! >.<

Riverside, CA

Nah I kept it the same as the 2012 shirt. I was thinking of a different shirt for TeamWBers but couldn't think of anything good enough.

Newcastle - UK

Nice tshirt!