St Louis

after 94 weeks of doing weekly beats, i finally forgot to do one week. am going to take the opportunity to wrap up some projects in the works and work at my own pace. will drop in from time to time and share some albums. here is my latest electronic music album: https://sitari.bandcamp.com/album/full-res

i suppose i may still do a weekly beat from time to time too, and check out a lot of the tracks. keep up the good work and progress peeps!

Melbourne, Australia

Bye bye, George. sad

St Louis
vinpous wrote:

Bye bye, George. sad

later man, til next time

The future

this year cant end fast enough for me.  i am so over wb hmm no one comments.. and i really dont take it very seriously anymore. I was much more into it in 2012

Pittsburgh, PA

I do try to comment on as many as I can while listening during the week.  There are definitely some sparser times, though. 

If your life is demanding other things from you, I can understand dropping it--it's just a thing we're doing for the heck of it, and the productivity.

St Louis

yeah i was more into it in 2012 too. but i still have gotten a lot done because of it in 2014, it's a nice taskmaster if no one else is. i just have a backlog of work and am in so many bands now, and i just joined an analog synth band now. i'm just not gonna worry about posting something every week now. kinda liberating, but not. i dunno, yeah, it is, pretty liberating. no more assignments, turn something in as you will. yeah.

The future

im not quitting just yet big_smile

Pittsburgh, PA

I'm going for the full 52. At this point, it seems like I'd be letting down my commitment if I stopped short of it.

The future

go for the gold!

NL
Phil Harmonic wrote:

this year cant end fast enough for me.  i am so over wb hmm no one comments.. and i really dont take it very seriously anymore. I was much more into it in 2012

Last week there were 85 submissions, this time two years ago there were half as many (46 actually). We're on a declining trend, but still way above last time's numbers. Simply put, there's too much volume to process for the pleb.

St Louis

i had fully anticipated completing wb again this year, but forgot to do it one week! gah.

Melbourne, Australia

aint no way i am missing a single week.....

what shall i ever do next year post wb??!!!??

Melbourne, Australia
paul raygun wrote:

aint no way i am missing a single week.....

what shall i ever do next year post wb??!!!??

I started doing a thing called "12 EPs in 12 Months", but only did two or maybe three as I just couldn't do it.

Maybe work all the material into an album? Keep going anyway, keeping a blog up or something?

MKE

Pittsburgh, PA

My kids expressed some alarm and disappointment that I might not be doing a new song each week in 2015.  And aside from people not always commenting, the community seems pretty strong here.

Schwerin I'm afraid
onezero wrote:

My kids expressed some alarm and disappointment that I might not be doing a new song each week in 2015.  And aside from people not always commenting, the community seems pretty strong here.

Yeah, my wife and kids aer wondering about next year, too. I'm thinking about posting a classical piece performance every week. I like the habit building, and yeah, the community is great.