Copenhagen

So far have been able to somehow produce SOMETHING each week but I have a 2 week trip to Italy coming up and am worried about breaking the streak...
Am thinking I could probably bring an iPad along and make something on that, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be possible to export/upload directly from it?
Any hints/tips from people who have kept up their WeeklyBeats while traveling? smile

Portland, OR

I used my iPad in London and Dublin this week, but I had to upload my track to Soundcloud, then have my lady use her Android to listen to the track on Soundcloud and pull the file from the soundcloud app's temp folder to upload it to weeklybeats.

Copenhagen

Thanks for the reply DataJanitor!
That makes sense...need an assistant to do the uploading I guess smile

Riverside, CA

I went on a week or two long trip to Texas for Thanksgiving day in 2012 while doing WB.
My DS and netbook were my best friends. Wrote and recorded my song all while in the car smile

Schwerin I'm afraid

I went from the US to UK and Germany earlier this year, and took another trip to Seattle. Had iPad only in Seattle, and could upload directly from the hotel. Had OP-1 in Europe (bling).

It's fun to travel and try to capture your experience. By the way, you don't need the companion/android workaround, I used this website:

http://media.io/

Online sound file converter, very nice!

Copenhagen
colorful grey wrote:

By the way, you don't need the companion/android workaround, I used this website:

Oh! Interesting! ...how do you upload an mp3 to Weeklybeats from an iPad? I for some reason had the idea you could only upload pictures/videos?

Schwerin I'm afraid

Oh yeah... darn. Now that I'm thinking more about it, I did upload using my colleagues laptop. Nevermind, sorry!

Copenhagen

Ah, dang, got all excited for a moment smile
But thanks anyway though! Guess I'll either have to figure out the companion-android or maybe some sort of remote screen type of deal...!

Melbourne, Australia

If you can export your audio to dropbox or whatever, then any old public access computer (library, hotel, etc) will do the job?