Stockholm

No surprise maybe that it's been hovering around -8 or so here...lots of snow too. Certainly seems like it's influencing my stuff this year. I've been here since 1999, and the lack of light is definitely getting to me after all these years...feeling very pale and undernourished wink

Saskatchewan, Canada

Recently moved to college in the prairies so it's been really cold. Today it's base -15c and -23 with the wind. I guess it's helped my writing a little bit between school work since i can't really go anywhere.:P

MJP

Oakland, CA here - we're getting more rain today than we had all of January. It's weird. Recorded my track yesterday though.

Adelaide, South Australia

Adelaide here, again.  From 44.8 C yesterday, 33 C at 2am, to 25 C at 8am [!!!]

*** COOL CHANGE ***
*** AT LAST ***
*** big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile ***

Tristan Louth-Robins wrote:

*** COOL CHANGE ***
*** AT LAST ***

f.n: yesterday was the city's hottest Feb day on record.  All sorts of records have been broken this year, which is a bit depressing if (like me) you believe that climate change is a thing.

Ireland

Here in Ireland it has been like the storm scene from the Wizard of Oz for the past three weeks or so. If any of ye fancy sending unwanted sunshine this way, feel free!

Melbourne, Australia

*** COOL CHANGE ***
*** AT LAST ***

f.n: yesterday was the city's hottest Feb day on record.  All sorts of records have been broken this year, which is a bit depressing if (like me) you believe that climate change is a thing.

What's depressing is that it's only the 3rd of Feb and we're already smashing records all around the place. Disturbing.

Melbourne

(Melb) I had to cut my track short because it was 40 million degrees in the studio. Only live performance should be an endurance test. Not composition!!!

Sydney, Australia
vinpous wrote:

What's depressing is that it's only the 3rd of Feb and we're already smashing records all around the place. Disturbing.

To be honest though, it is the side of February more likely to be breaking the records. It cools down from here.

Groningen, Holland

It's around 0 degrees here but we actually have a clear blue sky so sitting cosy and warm inside and imagining it's actually spring outside is a pretty good inspiration-kickstarter.

Melbourne, Australia
godinpants wrote:
vinpous wrote:

To be honest though, it is the side of February more likely to be breaking the records. It cools down from here.

I dunno, last year my partner and I came back on the 3rd of March to a week of really, really hot weather. That one where the BOM made a new colour for the centre of Australia.

I must admit that I'm enjoying the relative humidity we've been getting here.

Finland

Weather here in Finland have been weird this winter. There was no winter before mid January. Then it dropped from +10c to -18c overnight. Now we got the normal wet snow weather. I have my studio in basement with wood stove heating. When it was -15c it was cold as hell. It took hours to get the room warm. My fingers literally froze when i was doing music.

Last edited by BOULDER D4SH (February 3, 2014 12:59 pm)

Sydney, Australia

It's pretty cold in sydney today, right now it's 19c

Last edited by codekk (February 4, 2014 12:12 pm)

Berlin

All different in Berlin. Still damn cold here.. and unfortunately that can last till April. Either icy combined with an useless high amount of snow making things complicated in town or rain and wind which isn't much more pleasent... Can I Take your part?

Melbourne, Australia

Happily swap with you, dAn.mE. At least Berlin has some culture...

Adelaide has now matched it's record of 12 summer days (thankfully, not consecutive) above 40 degrees, which was set in 1893.  It appears it's going to be broken as we've got a mid-week patch of 39-40-39 forecast. 

Though December was quite mild, since January it's been brutal and we've been lucky to have a day or two below 30 as respite.  Looking a little further ahead by a week it seems as though things are levelling out to 25-35 for the remainder of summer, which I can definitely live with.

Really looking forward to Autumn.