Adelaide, Australia

So it appears you can't use the same song name twice. My Week 32 track is inaccessible because it links to my Week 31 track. They both have the name [interlude] and are not made unique by week. Is there a way a mod/admin can either redirect my Week 32 submission to the correct mp3 or rename/relink it to [Interlude II]? The mp3 for Week 32 is called 'Thursdaybloom - 32 - [Interlude]'. Thanks.

The future

hmm.. i cant personally do anything. but ill do my best to direct trash80s attention to the issue

The future

well wait. i could do something. you could delete you post and i could give you an upload link for you to reupload with a different name

Adelaide, Australia

Sure. Thanks Phil!

Adelaide, Australia

Actually, I can't delete it because that entry is completely inaccessible. It just takes me to the page for Week 31. I think I broke the Matrix

Melbourne, Australia

You can access it from your page

Adelaide, Australia

They both have the same link

http://weeklybeats.com/#/thursdaybloom/music/[interlude]

The future

yeah. hmm. cant even delete it haha.. ok. well i guess we'll just have to wait for trash80 to do something

Adelaide, Australia

It should just be a link issue. If the submission page for my Week 32 entry is given a different ID/name then the link can be changed to that. Because they have the same song name the generated link of /music/<song-title> is the same. I just assumed they'd be unique by week so this issue never crossed my mind.

The future

oh shit.. derris.. your track is fucked too!

Adelaide, Australia

I like it how he posted in this thread but probably didn't realise.

Melbourne, Australia

Hahaha, love it guys, unique name fail... How did we manage two in one week?

Melbourne, Australia

Actually... I did the same thing LOL

Melbourne, Australia

double post: yay internet

Last edited by Derris-Kharlan (August 13, 2012 2:58 am)

Melbourne, Australia

And then double posted...

Orlando, FL

This happened to me once, when I named my track "General Practice 3" it linked to the earlier track "General Practice 2". However 1, 2 and 4 linked fine. I don't really understand it, but I guess it's best to just avoid using the same first word.