Week 19 - 60's Soundtrack

The Wisconsin

Explosions

Melbourne, Australia

echo

The future

autotuned farts

The Wisconsin

Echoing autotune fart explosions. There's a theme for ya.

L003, C0rnw4//.

5/14 Edit by Lazerbeat - Removed mummified corpse picture, pretty gross, not really relevant, seems to have upset at least one user.

IDS, please feel fre to mail me if you wanna talk about it!

The Wisconsin

Somebody else needs to post on this, because I don't see echoing autotune fart explosions as a very impressive theme.

Riverside, CA

Grindcore autotune farts.

Ciudad de México, Mx.

220 bpm?

likin this autotune farts idea

The Wisconsin

I think the theme should be silence. Make a silent song. Sure, make a real song, but then turn the volume all the way down before you export it to MP3.

Rather than a style theme, would anyone be up for a "mod/xm/it" theme? Something some of us might not use too often?

Riverside, CA
Lazerbeat wrote:

Rather than a style theme, would anyone be up for a "mod/xm/it" theme? Something some of us might not use too often?

That's probably a much better theme. Maybe expand it to "uncomfortable format, uncomfortable genre"?
We do a genre we don't normally do in a program/format we aren't quite used to/are familiar with.

NSW
idevourstatic wrote:

Image removed by lazerbeat 5/14

This image horrifies me...to the extent that I feel like vomiting. Was that your intention ids?

New Orleans, LA
jiffypop23 wrote:
Lazerbeat wrote:

That's probably a much better theme. Maybe expand it to "uncomfortable format, uncomfortable genre"?
We do a genre we don't normally do in a program/format we aren't quite used to/are familiar with.

The purpose of the theme is to help people out of their creative slumps.  Technical "Challenges" like what you're suggesting do very little to help that cause in my experience.

Perhaps we should begin including challenges with the themes for bonus points, but I would still like for the theme suggestions to be actual themes.

"Uncomfortable" could be a good theme.  "Uncomfortable Program" could be a good challenge.

Portland, OR

uncomfortable noise/feedback/abrasive/grindcore. Let's take the musical aspect out of music.