Michigan, USA

Well that title was rather blunt but anyway ya, I would like to remix something!  Preferably something with vocals but it doesn't really matter.  If you wouldn't mind giving me all the files as .wav in separate pieces that would be awesome.  So if your interested tweet me or send me an email.  All of those things have links on my profile or here:

Tweeter: https://twitter.com/#!/Plego
Emailser: [email protected]

Hope to see someone interested, Thanks!

Killeen, TX, USA

It'd be interesting if you could remix my song, "Let Me Free", but there are only two phrases, "I'm free.", and, "Let me be."

If you are interested, just post back.

EDIT - An idea could be to chop up the vocals and rearrange them for a different electro style. wink

Last edited by Zooloo75 (March 20, 2012 12:09 am)

The future

hmm. you can remix any of the songs in my WB catalog.. pick one and ill make stems

sacramento

you can remix any of mine as well, pick one and i'll send stems

New Orleans, LA

To expand upon this, I know that Weekly Beats does not accept material with copyrighted samples, but what if we sign up for a Remix contest and have permission to use the samples?  Is that still not allowed?

Michigan, USA

If you have permission to use samples that someone else created it's ok. I think.

Thunder Bay ON, Canada

give my stuff a listen, i will hook you up with stems as well

Riverside, CA

You can remix any of my WB stuff if you want. Just let me know which one and I'll make some stems of it.
Also, any of the songs on my last EP. The download link for the stems is on the page.
thesilphscope.bandcamp.com

[email protected]

Coastal Australia
Gnarlysunshine wrote:

To expand upon this, I know that Weekly Beats does not accept material with copyrighted samples, but what if we sign up for a Remix contest and have permission to use the samples?  Is that still not allowed?

Yes that is allowed.

Adelaide, South Australia

I will send you some stems at some point

Gosford, Australia
PWR wrote:

If you have permission to use samples that someone else created it's ok. I think.

remix competitions generally carry a strict license about the stems they provide. 99% of the time you are only permitted to use those samples for the remix competition and you can't release things you do with the stems anywhere else.

but if the license doesn't say you can't, then you can!

Last edited by midimachine (March 20, 2012 12:34 pm)

Adelaide, Australia

I'm also interested in doing some remixes; might help this lack of inspiration I've had lately.

New Orleans, LA
midimachine wrote:
PWR wrote:

remix competitions generally carry a strict license about the stems they provide. 99% of the time you are only permitted to use those samples for the remix competition and you can't release things you do with the stems anywhere else.

but if the license doesn't say you can't, then you can!

Awesome!  Good to know, thank you!

Michigan, USA

EDITED
My current list of stems I would like at this point:
HANDCANNON: Corroded (it was between this one and "Safe Again" [unless you want me to do "safe again"?])
Zooloo75: Let Me Free (I've done a few song where I chopped up vocals so I will probably do that! big_smile )
Phil Harmonics: We Come in Peace (love the vocals on that track)
Jiffypop23: Sour Milk (love those samples)
NEW:
Chillmatic: Taco Knights (I simply had to do this one XD (sorry I forgot to put you on original list tongue )

Also If you could include the initial BPM of the track it would save me some time. Thanks!

Don't expect these remixes out that fast though.  As I had several people respond a so it may be awhile before I do yours! lol

Last edited by PWR (March 21, 2012 8:58 pm)

The future

hehe. interesting choice.. ill stem it up when i get home wink

The future

Well, here they are:
http://www.jackanderson.net/stems/we%20 … 0stems.rar

Be sure to listen to the master track in all of its dynamic range glory. I mix to about peak -7dBd usually.. so dont be alarmed that it is not hitting full range. I have included the 'Kick' track as well just in case you want to do any side chaining. If you're not, then done use it. The kicks are also in the 'Beets Group' track.  All tracks are 48khz 24bit stereo. I look forward to hearing what you do with it wink

Note: I am releasing this as creative commons share-alike. Anyone else who wants to remix, feel free, but give me credit where due and release your track as share-alike also.