The future

hmm. no one is talking about week 10.. wtf. Also. im very disappointed that no one commented on my track. I know it was disjointed and overcomplicated.. but come on wink

Adelaide, South Australia

Nothing for me, either, but I don't blame anyone. I've been too busy to even listen to tracks, let alone comment >.<

New Orleans, LA

I completely missed last week due to being stranded in a town with a population of 200 and no internet for 8 days while working on a movie

The future
Gnarlysunshine wrote:

I completely missed last week due to being stranded in a town with a population of 200 and no internet for 8 days while working on a movie

that sounds like heaven wink

FL

Yeah Phil, don't feel bad dude.. I think most of us know what it is like to get 0 comments. I really wish that this site had a person to host a scheduled listening party. but alas, I desire too much.

Riverside, CA
zeropass wrote:

Yeah Phil, don't feel bad dude.. I think most of us know what it is like to get 0 comments. I really wish that this site had a person to host a scheduled listening party. but alas, I desire too much.

IRC!

Melbourne, Australia

My piece was pretty sucky, and I've been too busy to listen to all but a few. sad

FL

I'll be in the IRC this sunday at the release time. I hope to see some of you.

New Orleans, LA
Phil Harmonic wrote:
Gnarlysunshine wrote:

that sounds like heaven wink

I would just like to make it known, that it was not heaven, haha.  I was supposed to be there for a month, but I was lured down there under false pretenses, so I left after a week.  However, I did get to spend 4 hours on a bus with an Austrian Motorcycle Mechanic named Ryker and a Tibetan Monk after hitching a ride to Nashville with a guy I just met named Michelob and crashing on his couch for a night.  It was a weird trip.

Riverside, CA
zeropass wrote:

I'll be in the IRC this sunday at the release time. I hope to see some of you.

I'd be there too, but I'll be playing my song live at release time smile

cincinnati, ohio
Phil Harmonic wrote:

hmm. no one is talking about week 10.. wtf. Also. im very disappointed that no one commented on my track. I know it was disjointed and overcomplicated.. but come on wink

I've been feeling a slight malaise about WeeklyBeats.  Regardless of how much input you give other people, or how much work you put in to your track it's seemed as though people just stopped caring about giving CC or commenting.  What happened to the tracks that used to get like 20-30 comments?  We're petering off at around 15 for the most commented songs these last few weeks, and it's absurd.  The music on this site is so good.  The fuck! cool

New Orleans, LA

Yeah, there really isn't a lot of constructive criticism going on, but I haven't really been keeping on top of commenting either.  Usually I just listen through the tracks and if I like one, I favorite it, since that's what pushes the tracks up the list, making more likely to be listened to by others. 

Another thing I've noticed is that only people involved in Weekly Beats are able to comment on the tracks each week.  Perhaps allowing guests to comment will bring some fresh, outside voices and also help promote Weekly Beats in general. 

All in all, I like Weekly Beats because it gives me a reason to write music week to week, and I like the forums, but as far as getting Constructive Criticism on my tracks, if want to get suggestions on my track, I usually just run it past my friends when they're at my house and will sometimes even work on the track while they're there.  In 8 years of posting music on the internet, this is the only way I've been able to get good constructive criticism from anyone.

Cincinnati, Ohio

i thought week 10 was awesome.  im sorry if i didnt get to listen to any of your music this week.  i know people are busy and such, but weve got a long way to go!  keep up the morale guys smile  dont worry about the comments.  just keep on making great music!

The site constantly crashes my browser but I listen as much as time permits. There's some interesting stuff happening.

Riverside, CA
Orinoco wrote:

The site constantly crashes my browser but I listen as much as time permits. There's some interesting stuff happening.

How strange. What browser and OS are you using?
You could also just download the weekly torrent and listen from there!

St Louis

I think the comments and user activity will ebb and flow randomly from week to week, regardless of the quality of the music. such is life.