Philadelphia, PA

Nah, that's totally legit, man. Here soon, my work is gonna ramp up considerably and I might have to put it down for awhile, so I kinda understand what you're saying. Finishing a weekly beat just isn't as important as doing well at your job. (...or is it?)

Helsinki, Finland
cTrix wrote:

I'm just a little worried about making what I consider low quality tracks for public release.

I keep most of the stuff just here and dont hype them anywhere else, only the better ones I promote lil bit on Facebook and thats that. I know what you mean though, I have my first commercially sold EP hitting webstores this sunday and I hope nobody has any prejudices because my often zero self critic way to post jams here and there:)

Chicago

this project's gotten me really productive. this week i've already finished a track, and i'd rather keep it secret for a release, so i'm working on a second track, and i even really like it!

The future

@ctrix If I understood trash80 correctly when he first explained WB to me.. the whole point is to be able to exercise yourself so that you CAN release quality tracks in a week.. so putting out a few stinkers is to be expected.

Perth, Australia

it's all about practise and forcing myself to be creative.
sometimes something good happens and sometimes it stinks but i'm having fun with it. it's the journey, not the destination(s) big_smile

I've been using 52 weekly beats as an excuse to get better with Famitracker. So far it has forced me just to try things. This week I wrote a piece in 9/8 with some metal thrown in 2. And I finally broke the 3 minute mark on a song. Next up : Learn how to write a proper ending.

As for time, I like to make as much as I can and submit. If you only get a 50 second song out of me, so be it. I wish I didn't have an engineering day job and I could just sit at home and write music all day. One day maybe ... smile

Saskrotch wrote:

this project's gotten me really productive. this week i've already finished a track, and i'd rather keep it secret for a release, so i'm working on a second track, and i even really like it!

I think I've done that every week. I guess its probably a good thing smile