Perth, Australia

Edit:   Oh I just discovered you can sort the submissions by date by clicking on "Date" .. duh

The randomness was making it difficult to ensure I hadn't missed any songs.

/thread. Thankyou.

Last edited by Paul Wright (January 24, 2012 12:00 am)

If you click on the filters drop down next to the music search box there are quite a few options you might find helpful. You can choose "music you haven't listened to" or "music you have commented on" etc

Hope that helps!

Los Angeles
Paul Wright wrote:

How are the tracks listed each week? Is it random?

This order today is different for me than it was yesterday.

With so many submissions this makes it difficult to listen to and appraise all the submissions and it's easy to overlook some.

Maybe can we have some kind of sort option?

You can sort by click on any of the blue heading titles at the top of the list. You can also filter the results using the drop down to only show songs that you have not listened to or viewed. The blue play button to the left of each item indicates that you havnt heard the song yet, if its grey it means the mp3 player has played it. The sort order by default is by activity and randomness.

Perth, Australia

hehe just figured it out ..  soz tongue

Ooh filters ... even better.  I need my eyes checked.

Last edited by Paul Wright (January 24, 2012 12:01 am)

Perth, Australia

so.... about the default order     i.e. when you simply click "music" in the header

This week I logged in bright and early 5min after the clock rolled over and I was about 10th from the top.

30 min later I logged in and I was about 5th from the bottom with the usual chip producers in the first 10 - obviously this is going to effect the amount of airplay / critique one might receive being last on the list.

Does the default order get modified by an admin? Odd that the first off the rank seem to always be the popular chip artists; which I think defeats the purpose of the site if that is the case. If the site is to give preference to chip artists then we may as well head back to 8bc.

Last edited by Paul Wright (April 2, 2012 1:29 am)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Paul Wright wrote:

If the site is to give preference to chip artists then we may as well head back to 8bc.

8bc is dead :'(  also, i think its based on the number of favorites your track gets and seeing as this site is frequented by many chip artists, i guess it makes sense that those would tend to be the ones with the most favorites.

Perth, Australia

ahh ur right.  I just fav'd my own track and now im back to #7  lol   

.. tis a bit daft, should just be randomised at the start and thats it... then a search criteria for 'most favorited'

If I understand/recall correctly, the most favourited end up at the top as you have discovered.
We (admins) can't manually mod that list, however, I imagine that the most popular artists end up at the top for a reason - people go looking for their tracks, and like them so they favourite them.