Coastal Australia

Week 3 was fine but this week, I only just got back from camping.  I'm out tonight, gig tomorrow night, jam the next and then a tea the following night.  I'll attempting something in that time hopefully!

St Louis

you can do it! sometimes some really cool stuff is just made up on the fly. do something out of your normal methods.

AU

hey all!  Talking of camping - I'm at a music festival about 200km away on a GSM 9.6kbps connection.  I bought a new laptop (netbook) especially so I could keep doing weekly beats while I'm here... brought USB mics, inverter for car, etc.  I'm realllllly hoping I'll be able to upload a tune.  It will probably be at 32kbps as it seems to konk out after about 500kb of upload.  Cheers all!!

AU

wwwooooooo!!  and just managed to download LAME encoder so I can actually encode to MP3 ;-)  WIsh me luck peeps.  SOmeone just rocked up with a guitar too.  Might have psytrance banging in the background,,, although can probably record in the car

Coastal Australia

Cool.  Good luck!

St Louis

I wanna go camping this summer and make a track only using my samsung galaxy s2 android phone. got some cool programs on there.

OC california

This is all a new challenge for myself, and I plan on doing a lot of this work on my phone. I have a Samsung captivate, and I plan on doing my writing at work on lunch breaks. I'm using Caustic it has five tracks a drum machine piano roll, and supports MIDI out put. This will be week one for me just joined Sunday.  If I can conquer the medium of a phone and an Android tablet for writing this could be fun.

St Louis

caustic is pretty awesome. I want to get the full version, probably soon.

The Wisconsin

I have so much time on my hands, that this has been no problem for me so far smile

Helsinki, Finland

Im in Egypt with just my ipod touch, i have a tune finished but gotta rely on buddy to upload it when i send him the link to soundcloud.. Goos luck to ctrix too, extreme conditions are fun!

Perth, Australia

i'm really enjoying the challenge smile

this week i was working on a track which i thought was going to be 'the one' but got stuck with it on friday, so decided to just go in a completely different direction with something random and hey presto! this weeks submission just popped out of thin air hehe

sometimes quantity is better than quality for getting things done wink

Gosford, Australia

oh yeah i should probably start this, hah.

Cincinnati, Ohio

the easy part is over

Last edited by spry (January 28, 2012 5:27 pm)

adelaide

+1, spry

St Louis

ended up having to work on friday totally derailed my plans to do an electronic music song. so I did a sort of idm meets dub style beat friday night in like 30 minutes and had my band improvise over that. turned out pretty cool I guess, it's nice to have a "plan b"