Philadelphia

this week's is really long and repetitive, just a slow 101 bpm jam

done, uploaded and I hate it... roll on next week.

Saskatchewan, Canada

up'd and amazed how clear a 20 dollar webcam/mic combo was

Adelaide, Australia

Was playing around after listening to some of this week's uploads, so here's a bit of a snippet of what I'm already working on for next week. big_smile
http://soundcloud.com/dj-nekotheory/something

Adelaide, South Australia

I'm working on something of an emotional progression idea at the moment, trying to capture a few different feels within the same refrain by altering texture and surrounding tone...

...in other words, I may abandon it, I may end up with a bunch of nonsensical wank, or I might end up with something worth listening to... we'll see

New Orleans, LA

The title of my song for next week is going to be "Excuse me while I go through an experimental phase."

adelaide

100% cowbell

St Louis

Ive been listening to week 3 stuff tonight... getting excited to work on an electronic track, but it's kinda hard with all this listening going on! good stuff peeps.

Um...i recorded some noises/switches/hitting on a sowing machine and rearranging all the samples into a beat.

And as an extra challenge, doing it on a DAW that i haven't tried before, which would be Reaper.

Adelaide, Australia

I don't have a working computer anymore so I really have no idea what my Week 04 will be. I was thinking of beatboxing into a tape recorder and mailing the cassette to Trash80...

edit: Working home computer... I have alternative means of accessing the internet. My MacBook charger blew up, the battery inevitably ran flat and I await the day I can afford a new one.

Last edited by Thursdaybloom (January 24, 2012 1:39 pm)

adelaide

Hey thursdaybloom, do you want to borrow a spare ac pack from me? I'm in town today - ill bring it in, so hit me up if you're interested.

Worthing

This week: My song will make you sad and make you cry.

Montreal

Week 4 is an ambient/epic reverbfest track...

I just finish my track a few minutes ago, I will listen tomorrow and if everything is fine I will upload it.

This will give me more time for week 5 track.

Adelaide, South Australia

Following on from the last Stalker installment this week, during February I’ll turn my attention to sound sources such as gradients of noise, pure waves and resonances.  I recently reacquainted myself with the code-based/basic GUI program CSound, so this will be my main vehicle…which in symbolic terms is a Soviet era automobile with strange esoteric levers and buttons.  Fun!!!

hmm ?

However, I anticipate myself getting easily discouraged along the way, so I’ll keep max/msp on hand as my handicap.

Whilst I’m on the car analogy, let’s survey my arsenal:

Max/msp is my Lexus – all class.
Live is my Toyota – gets you from A to B.
Plogue Bidule is my car posing as a Lexus with questionable bodywork.
Peak LE is my mechanics workshop.
Garageband is my burnt out Datsun half submerged in a swamp.
The Tascam 424 Portastudio is my beloved horse and cart.

Last edited by Tristan Louth-Robins (January 25, 2012 4:15 am)

Adelaide, Australia

Ended up getting a bit stuck on the preview I linked above, so I might just start something new.
Will be a stretch with the girlfriend moving in the next few days/weekend, but maybe I can use her for my own nefarious musical ends. lol

Adelaide, Australia
NekoTheory wrote:

Ended up getting a bit stuck on the preview I linked above, so I might just start something new.
Will be a stretch with the girlfriend moving in the next few days/weekend, but maybe I can use her for my own nefarious musical ends. lol

Female vocals or she has to move back out.