Saskatchewan, Canada

trying a chopped smooth jazz hiphop beat ala shabazz palaces... think i bit off more that i can chew this week.

Switzerland

I finally found a way to record something else than my Game Boy. Got inspired by a track from a guy on the web (that's accurate info, heh?) and I am very happy with the result.
Hint: not a guitar

St Louis
NekoTheory wrote:

That's dedication, George! xD

I have some sad news... work is making me "go to work" tomorrow. stupid auditors, stupid accounting.

Adelaide, Australia

I think I speak for everyone in the Weekly Beats community when I say...
I feel you bro.

Melbourne, Australia

Hnnnggggg... probably unable to record my piece for this week. To MIDI, or to submit something else...

Adelaide, Australia

Submit yourself wailing into a microphone.
For extra points, use a terrible quality microphone and overlay a midi drumbeat.
Call it 'Lamentations of a Broken Man'.

Helsinki, Finland
NekoTheory wrote:

Submit yourself wailing into a microphone.
For extra points, use a terrible quality microphone and overlay a midi drumbeat.
Call it 'Lamentations of a Broken Man'.

This sounds too good to be wasted!

New Orleans, LA

I lied.  Mine is going to be a No Input/LSDJ song called "Kitty Hawk"

I thought it would be fun to write something in nanoloop 2.5 . . I was wrong. Bleh. Oh well, better keep going now I'm halfway there.

adelaide

Minikomi, I'm sure it will be grand

I think nanoloop lends itself well to 4/4 on-the-beat (electrohouse) things but as soon as you try to move away from that the sequencer really starts to fight you. Doesn't help that upgrading to 2.5 really ruined a bit of the interface. . .

Cincinnati, Ohio

this has been my hardest week yet.  ive been trying to learn Nanoloop 1.6 while also planning for and presenting at Ohayocon on how to make music on LSDJ, so lots of stuff going on.. well see if anything worth while comes out of it before sunday.

Helsinki, Finland

Finished. Made beat by sampling different things Ive seen this week, I like it.

chicago-/-il-/-us
Dkstr wrote:

Finished. Made beat by sampling different things Ive seen this week, I like it.

camel core? big_smile

Orlando, FL

5/4 time

Coastal Australia

Impro collaboration

Last edited by rdomain (January 29, 2012 5:36 am)