Chicago

I've been playing around with samples from TrackLib in a my track for this week, but when looking at getting a license for the samples I've "bought" I get hung up on the profit sharing/distribution. I think they’re expecting me to distribute via a label or distrokid or something where there's some sort of streaming fee attached as opposed to just posting on a website for free.

How do people navigate this for their weekly tracks? Or is it best just to avoid crate-diving-style sampling for this challenge?

Montreal

If the samples are not too obvious (think harlem shake) I don't bother with samples license.

Usually samples library copyright are there so you don't resale the samples as is.

Finland

Back in the day Roland released Hip-Hop expansion card for Jv-1080 that included non-licensed samples. They had to pull it off market later, but you can still use the samples and then blame Roland big_smile

Early sample cd's did the same: Loads of un-licensed breakbeat samples. These days i use mostly Splice as sample source.