Any fellow chess players out there?

Perhaps this is kind of random, but if there’s any fellow chess players out there, should we set up a slow-moving correspondence tournament to play during the WB 2022 year? We could even compose theme tunes for the game arcs.

(I’m fartein_ at chess.com)

Wisconsin, USA
trumbuthegn wrote:

Perhaps this is kind of random, but if there’s any fellow chess players out there, should we set up a slow-moving correspondence tournament to play during the WB 2022 year? We could even compose theme tunes for the game arcs.

I haven't played in years, but if there's a tourney, count me in!

orangedrink wrote:
trumbuthegn wrote:

I haven't played in years, but if there's a tourney, count me in!

We'd need 4-5 players to set up at tournament. I don't know how many are acitve in the fora and will see this (and I won't start to spam people's songs with invites tongue), but if you want to practice with an unrated casual game (with for exemple 3 days per move), orangedrink, send me a challenge on chess.com, or make a user and post your user name here, and I'll send you one.

Cincinnati, Ohio

I'm down. I think I had an account at one point but I might just have to make a new one

Vancouver

Last edited by codydjango (January 17, 2022 7:16 am)

Vancouver

I'm in! I'm SirChugs at chess.com

Cool! Now we'll need one or two more players and it's go time!

codydjango wrote:

I'm in! I'm SirChugs at chess.com

I'll send you a challenge for a daily game.

Yokohama, Japan

My chess.com account is Kedbreak (yeah I know not original). Count me in!

Kedbreak136 wrote:

My chess.com account is Kedbreak (yeah I know not original). Count me in!

Cool. Now we have enough players to start a tournament, I think.

Did you retrieve/create chess.com usernames, spry and orangedrink?

orangedrink wrote:

[

spry wrote:

It should be noted that I've never hosted a tournament before, and I've heard it can be some tricky to get the settings right. In the worst case, we'll have to abort and try again (this happened to another local tournament I participated in). In my opinion, we should opt for a laxed time limit (e.g. 14 days per move) to not make it demanding on anyone.

Us

Hey. I am Kohlhofer on chess.com
Count me in!

Cincinnati, Ohio

i am liquidsoluble

Kohlhofer wrote:

Hey. I am Kohlhofer on chess.com
Count me in!

Cool. You take over as the tournament favorite, based on the (known) ratings.

Wisconsin, USA

GrandpaQueen has entered the building!

orangedrink wrote:

GrandpaQueen has entered the building!

Good!

It seems that to able to host a tournament that is not available to random players, we need to make it exclusive to a club. I’ve set up a club and invited you – I think the invitation should be in your chess.com inboxes. If they’re not, try to join via this link: https://www.chess.com/club/wb-chess-club-1/join/a3410e

When everyone has joined (still open for other players too!), I’ll set up the tournament.

How many days per move do you prefer? I was thinking 7, so it’s one song and (minimum) one move per week, but for me everything above 3 is ok.

Yokohama, Japan

Above 3 is fine.