I’ve now listened to all tracks from the week one drop. And this is my comment to all of you: Well done.

While not every track will stick with me, a few will, and on the other hand I disliked 0 tracks.

Great range of genres, moods, techniques and instrumentation. From true to genre to genre defying – most somewhere in between, bending genres. Some harsh, some mysterious, many melancholic, some frantic, some happy and even a few jolly. From simple to ultra-complex; from somewhat generic to purely experimental. From sparse to dense.

The most common trait seemed to be an instrument though – the m8 tracker of which I was unaware of before entering this year's WB. Must be quite a piece of kit since so many of you were inspired to use it.

I won’t be able to listen to all tracks all weeks, but will try to do the same some week midway and in the final week, so hang in there!

Last edited by trumbuthegn (January 12, 2022 6:50 pm)

Wisconsin, USA

I agree!  Everyone is awesome!  Even the "oh this is a throwaway track" - I can still hear the ideas and the fun of tentatively exploring an idea.

trumbuthegn wrote:

The most common trait seemed to be an instrument though – the m8 tracker of which I was unaware of before entering this year's WB. Must be quite a piece of kit since so many of you were inspired to use it.

The creator of the WB website also created the M8!  There's been a great community surrounding the M8's production & development - so that's why there's a new influx of people.  All the M8 people are certainly making me want to get one smile

orangedrink wrote:

The creator of the WB website also created the M8!  There's been a great community surrounding the M8's production & development - so that's why there's a new influx of people.  All the M8 people are certainly making me want to get one smile

Aha, I wondered if there was a A8/WB connection – and, so, certainly there is.