How's everyone doing?  For those of us in countries where we're socially isolating (or even sheltering in place...or in quarantine), a lot of people are live streaming from their houses or practice spaces, which is a good way of building connection.

Last Monday (the 16th), I started doing a one-hour audio-only live stream from 8-9 PM EDT (GMT-4). This will be at http://onezeromusic.com:8000. (I start the server right before the performance and shut it down right after.)  Archives go up at https://snwv.bandcamp.com shortly afterward.

Post your live stream URL and date/time in this thread!

I love the idea! I was planning on livestreaming on the weekend just gone but... didn't. Can I ask what you're using to do it?

fc wrote:

I love the idea! I was planning on livestreaming on the weekend just gone but... didn't. Can I ask what you're using to do it?

Sure! I'm using guitar into a Max/MSP patch.  I'm routing audio output with Existential Audio's free BlackHole, which is a lot easier to work with than Jack. As far as Max is concerned, audio goes to a BlackHole Device. 

Next in line is the acronymic Broadcast Using This Tool, which receives from the BlackHole device, and it streams to an IceCast server I installed on a cloud instance.

onezero wrote:
fc wrote:

I love the idea! I was planning on livestreaming on the weekend just gone but... didn't. Can I ask what you're using to do it?

Sure! I'm using guitar into a Max/MSP patch.  I'm routing audio output with Existential Audio's free BlackHole, which is a lot easier to work with than Jack. As far as Max is concerned, audio goes to a BlackHole Device. 

Next in line is the acronymic Broadcast Using This Tool, which receives from the BlackHole device, and it streams to an IceCast server I installed on a cloud instance.

Ah that's awesome, thanks! I forgot IceCast even exist. Sounds like a drug thing tbh. How good is BlackHole though?

So how does Blackhole compare to Soundflower?  First time I've heard of it but it reads well.

rdomain wrote:

So how does Blackhole compare to Soundflower?  First time I've heard of it but it reads well.

I'd never gotten Soundflower to work.  I think it might not be as flexible as Soundflower, from what I'm hearing from friends who liked it...but BlackHole's a currently-developing project, while the free Soundflower project seems to have been abandoned for a while.  (With BH, you can request features by filing a github issue.)

Cheers.  Sounds promising.

Are you still doing this?  I tried to listen in and couldn’t get to the server.

OleJazzer wrote:

Are you still doing this?  I tried to listen in and couldn’t get to the server.

Still doing these Monday at 8PM, (GMT -4).  Server goes on right before and off right after--it's an older icecast that I don't seem to be able to update right now.  Archives are going up at https://snwv.bandcamp.com.

Thank you for stopping by to listen!  I'll post here next week with a convenient link.

Still doing one in two hours (8PM EDT, 7PM Central, etc.) http://onezeromusic.com:8000. Server will start shortly before the performance.

Doing this week's live stream (the 21st!) in an hour and a half, at 8PM EDT on Monday August 3rd. http://onezeromusic.com:8000/stream.m3u