Los Angeles

Hi everyone! I have been super busy with a new project I've been working on but figured I'd let you know about my Patreon.
I stress that financial support is not needed for this site- but if you are able to contribute and want to- go for it. smile
(Or instead support a charity of your choosing with all that extra cash)
https://www.patreon.com/trash80

Maybe we could do a tier for changes / improvements to Weeklybeats? (EHEM, MOBILE SUPPORT GAH!)
I still need to figure out how to effectively utilize Patreon.

Melbourne, Australia

Hey Tim. This is great! I'm keen to support but probably won't be able to until I figure out the full impact of Australians buying all the fucking toilet paper. I kid, just until I am a little more comfortable knowing how the CV19 situation will affect me. I was wondering though, because I've started (but not publicised) a Patreon myself, what you see as the pros/cons of the per-creation vs monthly patronage?

Los Angeles

Hey no worries at all I get it! It's terrible timing really. Same boat here. neutral

I really have not figured out Patreon but I am running so many projects and people here in the past have asked if they can help support WB. I figured it is both an easy way to support this site, as well as get my feet wet on how exactly to work with services like Patreon.

Chicago, IL

Welp I've never used Patreon before but it was super simple.  I made a meager $10 but suppose it's better than nothing.  I hope I did everything correctly.  I was able to sign in with my Google account and donate.  The whole process took about two minutes.

adelaide

I've signed up Tim - my apologies that it's not for more. Our dollar has dropped drastically against your dollar, so if it goes back up I will adjust accordingly. Hope you're going ok.

Cincinnati, Ohio

Just stumbled across this! Something I should have done long ago but happy to start now big_smile

After all Weeklybeats has been a more consistent presence in my life over the last decade than most of the other things I've tried my hand at.

Madrid, Spain
spry wrote:

Just stumbled across this! Something I should have done long ago but happy to start now big_smile

After all Weeklybeats has been a more consistent presence in my life over the last decade than most of the other things I've tried my hand at.

I pretty much feel the same about this, almost word by word.

I do yet need to understand how Patreon works. WB has been a mayor creative driving force in my life and changed completely the way I approached music creation.

I thought about doing a series of podcast interviewing you guys. After all, you created Weeklybeats and many of you are demoscene/chiptune royalty. How this idea came to life in the first place?

Edmond, Oklahoma

I feel the same about this, however what happens in the ‘off’ years?

Cincinnati, Ohio
OleJazzer wrote:

I feel the same about this, however what happens in the ‘off’ years?

Traditionally, we wait :-X

I find myself coming back to the site often on the off years if only to review my work and check out some of other peoples work that I missed during the year.

Melbourne aus
Trash80 wrote:

Maybe we could do a tier for changes / improvements to Weeklybeats? (EHEM, MOBILE SUPPORT GAH!)
I still need to figure out how to effectively utilize Patreon.

looking forward to mobile support will be better and help me get through my 2020 backlog if the site was better suited on mobile heart