Adelaide, Australia

Hey all, there was some chatter in the Discord (if you're not there, be there! link top right of the site) about how it's a shame that some tracks get dozens of comments and some barely get two. Since there's no play counter or any other ability to track how many have people have listened to a track, the best way to show you've listened is to leave a comment.

We all know how warm and fuzzy the feeling is seeing your track has a comment, so with that in mind I'd like to prompt you all to take a little more active role in making the community seem more welcoming! I know there are people that already try to listen to every track, and certainly those who comment a lot, but this is more of a general call to action.

So, when it's convenient for you during the week, look at the music list, using the filter for tracks you haven't commented on, and sort by comments ascending. Here's a link to that very filter!

Let's start with a modest goal of every track having at least 5 comments by the Week 3 release! Let me know if you plan to join in so we can get an idea of our strength.

PS: Your comment should mean something. Whenever I can't think of something semi-intelligent to say, I post a gif that describes in some sense how that track makes me feel or think. Even just picking one element of the track that you liked and mentioning that is very comfy!

Last edited by Judgement Act (January 12, 2020 12:19 pm)

Melbourne aus

I've been trying to do my best to comment if I've listen to the track. Though I've not had lot of time to listen to everyone's. But I'll do what I can with the 9-10 hours of music being uploaded. Trying to get though 5-6 tracks on my work breaks and comment. Website formatting seems a little worse this year on mobile though.

Coastal Australia

I definitely try to comment when time permits.

Usually by Sunday my ears are exhausted then I have to go back to work and hope for some more time to get next week done. I'll try to squeeze some feedback in over the next few days!

netherlands

i try to comment on every song i hear! but i definitely wont have time to listen to everything. i think its a great idea though, a single comment can make the difference between someone stopping and someone continuing

Pittsburgh, PA

Currently 0 tracks with 0 comments!  Excellent!

Gosford, Australia

i'm also tryna do more commenting, i will get to commenting on this week's entries soon™! had a lot going on yesterday but i will have time later this week heart

Adelaide, Australia
midimachine wrote:

i'm also tryna do more commenting, i will get to commenting on this week's entries soon™! had a lot going on yesterday but i will have time later this week heart

You and orangedrink are the two guys I see everywhere!

thanks for visiting my weird songs giggle, i noticed names from this thread leaving comments heart i'll try to do the same from now on

Only a few (EDIT: 29?) tracks left with 0 comments! Found some real hidden gems in there too.

Last edited by ngineer (January 21, 2020 3:15 am)

Melbourne, Australia

Apologies to everybody for not commenting on anything so far this week. I've been swamped.

Pittsburgh, PA
fc wrote:

Apologies to everybody for not commenting on anything so far this week. I've been swamped.

Seconded.  Whoo, do I have a lot of listening to catch up on.

Portland, OR

I've been trying to do the "RPM Challenge" this month to record an album, so it's cut into my listening time, plus I crashed my motorbike and broke a rib. I'll be doing more commenting from March on out, though, for sure.