Melbourne aus

So this is something I have always struggled to keep on top of listen to everyone's track.

What tips can people suggest to tackle this task?

Definitely feel somewhat guilty I have fallen so far behind on listen.

Pittsburgh, PA
CatchinAshes wrote:

So this is something I have always struggled to keep on top of listen to everyone's track.

You and me both! 

I find that sometimes I can listen at work, but I have to avoid commenting--I can make more thoughtful comments if I keep a little text file log of tracks to get back to later.  Sometimes, though, if I'm working on something difficult or something requiring a lot of new learning...I can't listen to weekly tracks at work, and need to listen to something familiar instead. 

As the year goes on and people drop off the weekly submission list, though...it does get a bit easier to get to most of them!

Melbourne

Yeah I'm slack.. I realise that not commenting on tracks also means that others are less likely to comment on mine, but I just can't find the time to listen, which is unfortunate.

Chicago, Il
onezero wrote:
CatchinAshes wrote:

You and me both! 

I find that sometimes I can listen at work, but I have to avoid commenting--I can make more thoughtful comments if I keep a little text file log of tracks to get back to later.  Sometimes, though, if I'm working on something difficult or something requiring a lot of new learning...I can't listen to weekly tracks at work, and need to listen to something familiar instead. 

As the year goes on and people drop off the weekly submission list, though...it does get a bit easier to get to most of them!

I'm with you. I listen at work or in my car usually. I like to comment when listening but it's hard sometimes. There has been roughly a 50% dropout thus far in the year so it has gotten a touch easier. I wish there was a play count on the tracks to be able to see if music was being listened to, even if comments aren't available.

Melbourne, Australia

Having stuff on in the background at work helps and if something I like pops up - I'll make a note to comment on it later, so a text file is usually the way I keep tabs on feedback that I want to give.

Sometimes forum threads pop up with artists favorite tracks they may be personally happy with and would like some commentary on (ie top 5) - to try and isolate/narrow down favorites and request for comments.

Might be time to boot one of those threads up soon !

Gosford, Australia
Aday wrote:

Sometimes forum threads pop up with artists favorite tracks they may be personally happy with and would like some commentary on (ie top 5) - to try and isolate/narrow down favorites and request for comments.

Might be time to boot one of those threads up soon !

i like this idea!

i listen to stuff when i do wb mod things but i often forget to come back and give feedback sad

Adelaide, South Australia

This is tough - I feel pretty guilty that I've hardly listened to any submissions in the past month. Life has just been a bit too full-on and most of my creative energy is going into my weekly tracks. I'm hoping to get back into the listening/comment process soon though since it really does foster a strong and supportive community on here!

Wisconsin, USA

It's really tough!  I just have to set aside a time to say "OK this is WB commenting time" and do that while watching Street Fighter tournament footage on mute wink

chicago

In my commutes.  Hour and a half car rides a day.  I would comment more but I’ve gotta watch dat road

Berlin
CatchinAshes wrote:

unfortunately, i don't have the time to listen to everything, although i'd like to.

i got some heat in the past for suggesting to solve the problem by establishing a filter option that enables one to filter out certain members that upload certain styles one is not interested in in the first place.

for some reason that was considered offensive or rude.

for me, it would definately help me to focus on the things i might find interesting.

although i found some really awesome trunes in the paste here, right now i rarely find the time to listen to anything, because i'd have to dig through too much stuff to find the goodies.

Montreal
Machine Gun Ibiza wrote:

for me, it would definately help me to focus on the things i might find interesting.

It's not exactly what you are looking for, but if you favorite a song from an artist, all of that artist's tracks will then show up in the Filter Artists you've favorited when you filter in the music page: https://weeklybeats.com/music

Berlin
Gab Manette wrote:

It's not exactly what you are looking for, but if you favorite a song from an artist, all of that artist's tracks will then show up in the Filter Artists you've favorited when you filter in the music page: https://weeklybeats.com/music

thanks manette. already discovered that and using it...

Montreal

I simply don't sad

But sometime I check quickly artists that I like.