vancouver, canada

This isn't a huge/urgent issue but i thought i'd ask about it here before i forget.  Any chance this can be worked in?

implementing song-specific meta tags (opengraph, twitter cards etc.) in a song-specific page would go a long way towards providing proper visibility for song links when shared on facebook/twitter/google/etc. instead of showing the generic WeeklyBeats site info in shared links.

Right now it looks like the routing to get to the actual song details is done via javascript only, which probably makes it tricky to get everything in the location hash properly conveyed to the server backend in time to generate the song-specific metadata for web crawlers/scrapers.  I do believe there are workarounds though.  I dunno, i'm sure some of the more web-savvy devs here will have a couple of ideas to contribute..

Los Angeles

Yeah there are a few ways to address this. I can do it, but will not have time to get into it until after the year has started and I am back from travel.

Los Angeles

Should be fixed now.

vancouver, canada

oh snap!  this seems to work as expected in facebook's URL linter.  way to change the OG image too =P

couple of possible tweaks:

1) Can the meta description tag (og:description) also contain the song's description instead of the generic description of WeeklyBeats?

2) Can the title of the song not be auto-capitalized?  I suppose this applies to the HTML Page title as well.  I guess it depends on how far you want to go in terms of editorializing song titles..

Los Angeles

Stop being picky, jerk.

Just kidding. The joke is there are no facebook meta tags other than the logo.

Los Angeles

Fixed.