NL
ENC_ wrote:

you sir are the best. I thought I lost all of last years recordings for a moment. THANKS Devieus!!!

It's just the songs as they are on the site (save the copyrighted ones), the source files are exactly where you left them.

Manchester, United Kington

Arggghh! I also never archived my final versions before WB2014 went offline-- a stupid mistake. I do still have the source files, however downloading this torrent would be convenient.

I have an 'always-on' NAS box that I used to deal with torrent files, which has been trying to download this torrent since the 2nd January. Unfortunately there seem to be no working seeds.

Does anyone have any ideas, have other people had success with the torrent? Once I have the data I will be happy to seed the torrent for the foreseeable future!

Good luck with 2016 (I'm sitting it out this time)

Joe

Los Angeles
Joe Galen wrote:

Arggghh! I also never archived my final versions before WB2014 went offline-- a stupid mistake. I do still have the source files, however downloading this torrent would be convenient.

They are still reachable. You just have to select 2014 in the dropdown and search your user name.
http://weeklybeats.com/#/music?s=joe+ga … 14&=Go

NL
Joe Galen wrote:

I have an 'always-on' NAS box that I used to deal with torrent files, which has been trying to download this torrent since the 2nd January. Unfortunately there seem to be no working seeds.

Does anyone have any ideas, have other people had success with the torrent? Once I have the data I will be happy to seed the torrent for the foreseeable future!

Good luck with 2016 (I'm sitting it out this time)

Joe

No one picked up the download, so the torrent is just me, which means I have to manually start the seeding process. One is definitely related to the other, I'm not seeding because no one leeches, but no one leeches because I'm not seeding.

Plus, the torrent doesn't have all songs, only those which aren't copyrighted.

Last edited by Devieus (January 7, 2016 8:16 am)

@Devius: okay. I seem to be slowly downloading the file, so once I have the whole thing I'll seed it permanently... about 13% of the way through and downloading at around 200kb/second. Many thanks.

@Trash80: Thank you also for pointing out my 'school boy error' smile

FYI: I am now seeding the torrent, should be available for 18 hours a day, every day (the server turns itself off to save the disks once per day). If anyone is having trouble with bit torrent and wants to get the file via FTP then let me know. Thanks Devius.

NL
Joe Galen wrote:

FYI: I am now seeding the torrent, should be available for 18 hours a day, every day (the server turns itself off to save the disks once per day). If anyone is having trouble with bit torrent and wants to get the file via FTP then let me know. Thanks Devius.

If you want, I can give you the python program that downloads the whole week and zips it up, saves the both of us time.

NL

A brand new year, a brand new torrent for week 1. 152 songs, 955mb unpacked, 904mb packed; 54 songs were copyrighted, which means if you wanted your song to be in there, you shouldn't copyright your stuff. Sorry chap, them's the breaks, it's a learning experience for all of us.

NL

Week 2, 150 songs, 52 were copyrighted; it looks like we're losing people already. 945MB unpacked, 894 MB packed.

NL

Week 3, 149 songs but 55 were copyrighted, 860MB uncompressed, 814MB compressed.

NL

Week 4, 153 songs+44 copyrighted not included, 968MB uncompressed, lots of long songs this time around; 931 MB compressed.

Bristol, UK

That darn space theme! It's not spacey if its not over 6 minutes...

NL

Week 5, 131 songs+46 copyrighted not included; 778MB uncompressed, 748 MB compressed, certainly a lot less than last week.

NL

Week 6, 123 songs+46 copyrighted not included; 768MB uncompressed, 729MB compressed.

Can you add a filter to display the copyrighted tracks so we know which ones we are missing?

NL
k_sze wrote:

Can you add a filter to display the copyrighted tracks so we know which ones we are missing?

They're in the copyrights.txt file. It's not exactly sorted, but all tracks of the week are on there, including copyrighted ones.