Vienna, Austria

Hey,

I tried to search the forums first, but it seems that there is no search function, so I had to create this thread.

I am aware that I'm supposed to just use samples that I own (or own a license to use), because of copyright problems and what not.. and I completely understand the reasons for this policy.

....... but:
What about the Amen Break? Or other funk drum beats that are widely used in Drum and Bass, Jungle and dozens of other genres. I guess no one has ever properly licensed it and there are even commercial sample packs out there, that include it. I mean its everywhere.. Am I allowed to use it here?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by monolithu (September 12, 2014 10:24 am)

The future
monolithu wrote:

Hey,

I tried to search the forums first, but it seems that there is no search function, so I had to create this thread.

I am aware that I'm supposed to just use samples that I own (or own a license to use), because of copyright problems and what not.. and I completely understand the reasons for this policy.

....... but:
What about the Amen Break? Or other funk drum beats that are widely used in Drum and Bass, Jungle and dozens of other genres. I guess no one has ever properly licensed it and there are even commercial sample packs out there, that include it. I mean its everywhere.. Am I allowed to use it here?

Thanks in advance!

The copyright of the amen break is such a fucking mess at this point that it doesnt matter. Also, no members of the winstons have ever come forward to press charges or file complaint about the use of the "amen break."
As for other popular breaks, I dont know, try not to make them recognizable? wink

Vienna, Austria
Phil Harmonic wrote:

The copyright of the amen break is such a fucking mess at this point that it doesnt matter. Also, no members of the winstons have ever come forward to press charges or file complaint about the use of the "amen break."
As for other popular breaks, I dont know, try not to make them recognizable? wink

Hah, yeah sure I could do that. So I guess the "no sampling" thing applies more to movies and other songs..

Thanks for the answer!

Melbourne, Australia

Use the Wilhelm scream.

Milwaukee, USA
vinpous wrote:

Use the Wilhelm scream.

This!