Michigan, USA

Scott Pilgrim vs The World comics

Melbourne, Australia

Man… what aren't I reading?

In no particular order (and in no particular order of importance/scheduling - I'm part way through all of these):

- Blackmore: The Meme Machine
- Kim-Cohen: In The Blink Of An Ear - Toward a Non-Cochlear Sonic Art
- LaBelle: Background Noise
- Dawkins: The Extended Phenotype
- Arte Sonoro (an anthology of sound art exhibitions/essays from Spain)
- Resonanzen : Aspekte der Klangkunst

So many! But they're the main ones at the moment. More coming in… x_x

Adelaide, South Australia

Sinewave: I read Ocean Of Sound years ago (2006?) and it's an excellent read.  Toop's sequel of sorts (Haunted Weather, 2004) is as good, if not better.

vinpous: Big ups for Labelle's Background Noise and Resonanzen - these sit very proudly on my bookshelf.  Great books.  I must read Background Noise again, it's been way too long.

Melbourne, Australia
Tristan Louth-Robins wrote:

vinpous: Big ups for Labelle's Background Noise and Resonanzen - these sit very proudly on my bookshelf.  Great books.  I must read Background Noise again, it's been way too long.

Have you read much Douglas Kahn? I've not got too far through Background Noise. Rezonanzen is fan-freaking-tastic, though. If it weren't prohibitively expensive I would buy a copy.

vinpous wrote:
Tristan Louth-Robins wrote:

Have you read much Douglas Kahn? I've not got too far through Background Noise. Rezonanzen is fan-freaking-tastic, though. If it weren't prohibitively expensive I would buy a copy.

The only major text by Khan I've read is Noise Water Meat (MIT, 1999) which is an incredible work, but can be pretty hard going at times.  Rezonanzen is just fabulous - I particularly like Robin Minard's essay on Musique Concrete.  It was also how first I discovered the work of Rolf Julius.

St Louis

last thing I read was an interview with Justin K. Broadrick

UK
Phil Harmonic wrote:

REAMDE by neal stephenson

This is a quality book

UK

Sonic wonderland coming out shortly ...

Brisbane

I got a heap of books over christmas i'm trying to get through. So far I've started
- AYA Awakenings - A Shamanic Odyssey  - Rak Razam
- The Mission Of Art - Alex Grey

Chicago

rereading Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis

Melbourne

Apropos of nothing, I have to say that I *LOVE* Calvino's work!

Currently I'm reading "The Shallows" by Nicholas Carr. Faintly depressing assessment of how the internet is making us all dum dums...

CA, USA

Active Filter Cookbook, building a module based on the filter section of a Harrison console EQ. The circuit isn't listed in the Active Filter Cookbook, but its pretty much a variation on a Sallen-Key filter. It has its own mojo, kind of like between a 2 and 4 pole filter.

Groningen, Holland

Harry Potter 6. I finished the first five books in about 3 months. Always wanted to read up on these and loving it. Going to watch all movies after I finish the books.

Borges - The Book Of Sand