The future

Just wanted to say something here about how lame the sentencing of the three members of the russian punk collective band, Pussy Riot, is. We're all musicians here and the possibility to freely express ourselves should be of utmost value. If you weren't already aware, the three women who were apprehended have been sentenced to 2 years in a penal colony. Hours after their arrest, the remaining members of the collective released the following single. Spread it, and spread your disgust if you are as disgusted as I am about the treatment of these outspoken and brave women.

Riverside, CA

Ultimate viral marketing.
wink

The future
jiffypop23 wrote:

Ultimate viral marketing.
wink

haha yes. but at a huge price. two of those women are mothers.

Adelaide, Australia

WWVPD

The future
Thursdaybloom wrote:

WWVPD

Is that code for What Would Vladimir Putin Do?

yeah, it's so over the top it seems like some kind of joke. totally insane.

The future
Orinoco wrote:

yeah, it's so over the top it seems like some kind of joke. totally insane.

But is it really? Putin using the church as a platform in his office is fucked up. I think it's quite healthy that there is dissent. The governments in Russia have a history of being too heavy handed and dehumanizing. Doesnt seem to matter what form the goverments take.

Stockholm
Phil Harmonic wrote:

haha yes. but at a huge price. two of those women are mothers.

That's the bit that gets me, apparently we're talking babies/toddlers. Don't know if there are many parents here (probably not) but 2 years away from them is unthinkable at that age. Things are pretty fucked up there, at least for various minority groups.

Adelaide, Australia
Phil Harmonic wrote:
Thursdaybloom wrote:

WWVPD

Is that code for What Would Vladimir Putin Do?

What Wouldn't Vladimir Putin Do