Philadelphia
Gatic wrote:

I dislike reggae and I hate brostep

lol

also i have to admit i only opened this thread looking for someone who didn't know dub/dubstep

Last edited by Chromacle (March 12, 2012 1:24 pm)

Ciudad de México, Mx.

a more noisy dub will be dubstep? I'll try on my own take. challenge seems nice for a change.

Switzerland

I'll give it a try

New Orleans, LA

I like the idea of a weekly theme.  It seems like it will help people with writer's block.  I'll be sitting this particular theme out though.

Im pretty sure ima fuck it up, but why the hell not. Now we talking current mainstream dub or like old industrial style dub?

Helsinki, Finland
phesago wrote:

Im pretty sure ima fuck it up, but why the hell not. Now we talking current mainstream dub or like old industrial style dub?

What the hell is industrial dub, I need to hear that!

Dkstr wrote:
phesago wrote:

What the hell is industrial dub, I need to hear that!

Dubstep was originally a genre of industrial that focussed more on droning/pulsing basslines. A more fair review would be to say it was a new direction of older EBM styles, which most consider to be industrial.

Being an avid fan of "pure", or original, industrial and newer forms, I find it extremely amusing when you recognize the influence it has had on most current electronic music. In fact, I find it difficult to not love most electronic music, despite how different it sounds compared to the old days of Kraftwerk and SPK/Throbbing Gristle.

andarugo wrote:

I would just listen to the hospital theme from Mother 2 on repeat if you need to figure out how to make dub

Oh yea!

As for a dub song. That sounds interesting. I might be able to do it.

The future

Honestly, I'd much prefer to do ska wink

Just do a ska track, turn the bass up and slow it down 30 bpm!

Just do a ska track, turn the bass up and slow it down 30 bpm!

The future

should I huff vaporub too? isnt that what those "screw" people do?

Geneva, NY
Chromacle wrote:
Gatic wrote:

I dislike reggae and I hate brostep

lol

also i have to admit i only opened this thread looking for someone who didn't know dub/dubstep

also i have to admit i only opened this thread to troll like I didn't know the difference twixt dub/dubstep

chicago-/-il-/-us

i'd have out'd you, brady...you know i cant stand trolls smile

Chicago

i'm going to do a dubstep remix of bob marley, right?

Aus

I'm going to do a dub remix of Skrillex ok? is that what you want from me? IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT FROM ME